Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane' PbP

So which, if any, languages can a human actually learn at 1st level? OSRIC RAW are very... nondescript... in that regard.

I just realized a cleric can't use slings here...

Had to swap it out with a few throwing hammers.

And yeah, if I read the rules correctly, my cleric gets three additional languages.... so how's that work?

O.k, I have been trying to compile a list of languages for you guys. Here is the list, it is not a full list as I have not settled on everything;

Human 

Cazmeerian - Tongue of the Southern Barbarian tribes

Trade- Everyone starts with this one. 

Imperial - I may change the name of this one.

Amazon

Pict

*  Atlantian - Basic understanding and simple words

* Sunland - Basic understanding and simple words

Elf - Grey

Dwarf - Mountain

Hill

Halfling - Urban

Gnome - 

Orc

Goblin 

Ogre

Keep in mind this is a basic list and may or may not change over time. 

I think I'm all ready to go. I can't find a fillable character sheet with Non-Weapon proficiencies on it. Other than that do you need anything else from me?

Just jog non-weapon proficiencies down in one of the entirely too many notes areas of the sheet you use. Or did you actually manage to find one that wasn't at least 30% pointless notes space!?

2 hours ago, Loim said:

I think I'm all ready to go. I can't find a fillable character sheet with Non-Weapon proficiencies on it. Other than that do you need anything else from me?

Just add it somewhere on your sheet. If nothing else has changed you can just PM me your Non Weaps and Langs. 

As I have three of the original posters, we are going to 'pick up' where we left off at. I will make changes to add in Blazing Tornado's character.  My oldest son wanted to join, but I have not seen a character yet and he was going to join the forums which I have not heard from him, so if he joins,  I will throw him in some how. I have yet to decide on how to exit Ludo's character yet, so he will be tagging along. I do not want to just kill the character, not when he could be used...... 

I have Thursday and Friday off, as of now, though the Wife is making demands on both days. I should still be able to post the starting on Saturday, unless all goes to Heck in a hand basket, which is usually how it goes. 

• Like 1

Hmm, didn't the original crew gain a handful of xp somewhere? Should we transfer those or reset to 0?

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

Hmm, didn't the original crew gain a handful of xp somewhere? Should we transfer those or reset to 0?

IIRC we really didn't do much to warrant too much XP, unless the Grand Colonel is a generous GM ::D:.

So Col K, I have 8 languages I never filled in as I wasn't sure what languages there were in your world. Should I fill those in with what you posted?

In OSRIC, as an elf, iirc you get a half-dozen languages or thereabouts (check the race's entry) and only pick 2 or 3 more. Unless the GM house rules otherwise, of course.

Racial & INT Bonus. I never picked them due to I didn't know what the languages were in Col K's world.

Haldir pick 5 or 6 language from the above list and pick your non weapons and PM me them. We can discuss additional languages later. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, Arkady said:

They will transfer over, I will PM  you your total xp. I will also have to PM BT to bring him up to speed.

BT send me the name if your character asap please, so I can inude it in the first post.

19 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

I'm still uncertain how non-weapon proficiencies work.....

It is basically a skill that when you want to use it you will roll a D20, add any modifiers to it ( if it is a STR skill, add your STR mod to the roll) if you roll over a 16 it is successful. If not we'll you fail, if you roll a 1.... It becomes showtime.... If you roll a 20 it works beyond what you hoped.

Does that help?