lexomatic

best way to do logo backpatch

I'm trying to put a logo as a"back patch" for several minis. I'm not going to be able to freehand it and want things to be consistent. Does anyone have a good tutorial or tips for making your own decals or otherwise printing/ gluing stuff to 28mm people? I have time to practice.

Good stuff there. Decals are easy to do once you have the image you want. Print them off with either a jet or laser printer, then give them 2-3 LIGHT coats of clear spray paint. Micro-Set will make them snuggle right in to the crannies.

Yeah, decals are actually not going to be an option for me it turns out.

Anyone just try modgepodge on a mini? Or am I better off with glue and then medium on top?

Lexo, decals are easy! Really, my first effort was to try to do some for Micro machine minis for Starfleet Battles for a friend. They turned out very nice. Order the paper from Hobby Lobby and the testor's clear Spray paint. MicroSol makes them set right in. I'm going to do some more up Wings of War Sopwith Camels when I get caught up on painting.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:34 AM, Cyradis said:

For all this effort, it seems like practicing freehand work may be easier!

Definitely in general, except my brushes here aren't great (not at home). Also, I think this is too small to be intelligible with my brush control AND I want some sort of consistency (ie gang related, for Street Wars

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Lexo, decals are easy! Really, my first effort was to try to do some for Micro machine minis for Starfleet Battles for a friend. They turned out very nice. Order the paper from Hobby Lobby and the testor's clear Spray paint. MicroSol makes them set right in. I'm going to do some more up Wings of War Sopwith Camels when I get caught up on painting.

1) I refuse to buy from Hobby Lobby on moral grounds, and 2) other options locally seem insanely priced to the point of it being not worth it.

I also think my current living situation is exceptionally poorly set up for this (long story).

I'll probably still do the freehand, I was hoping to have another way that would be neater.

• Like 1

Post the image and the size you want them and I'll see if I can print some for you.  

***To self:  "Now, where did I put my decal paper?"

Edited by Bloodhowl
  • Like 1