TheOldGuard

91006 Prarie Tick Queen - Bones

Greetings!

I envisaged the prarie tick queen as a monstrous bloodsucker so I gave her a red bloated body. The markings on the body are meant to be blood vessels inside her but I think I made them too dark.

783533135_91006PrarieTickQueen7.thumb.JPG.04547a58a6e0230f0be85e952452f28e.JPG

1474503718_91006PrarieTickQueen8.thumb.JPG.e980104c2cace44ad12c24f43e9bc5d1.JPG

794786101_91006PrarieTickQueen9.thumb.JPG.23264095c69189c2b17db56641f828a9.JPG

2073596999_91006PrarieTickQueen10.thumb.JPG.4452627100d1d457b5621de50b2dfa88.JPG

1542874760_91006PrarieTickQueen11.thumb.JPG.596387c3be27af94e0996d178f03640d.JPG

1687553601_91006PrarieTickQueen12.thumb.JPG.5587bfcb73c45603eb2efbd79dfa31c4.JPG

Thanks for looking!!

• Like 22

He is, in his own creepy, disease ridden fashion, CHARMING...I love his non-buggy eyes.  He is BEAUTIFULLY  painted in an imaginative & attractive array of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

You don't often see a Tick that has charming, beautifully, & attractive in his description.

• Thanks 1

Now that’s really pretty, like a (real life) black widow in the elegance and color. Real ticks creep me out but this is something I could stand to have in my collection. Great job!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Private Chapman has been in stasis for 1,538 days and awake for two. Private Chapman is wondering where she is, when she is and what her mission is. Private Chapman is also pondering why she hasn't been issued desert pattern armour.

Private Chapman has just spotted something up ahead. Private Chapman's life expectancy is four minutes.

(Again, sorry about the photos which were taken on my phone.)

• By lazarp
      So I'm still experimenting with glow effects, but I'm pretty happy with this one 
      Painted her to be used as a sorcerer in my 9th age army

• By Lidless Eye
      Among my first minis finished in 2019 are the Crew from/for Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago.  I did two themed builds, plus a generic sailor who was left over.

The Warriors of the Steppes.  They were done with a Cossack theme, and they all use official FG Crew bodies/arms, with heads from Warhammer kits (Chaos Marauder Horsemen, Empire Archers, maybe another)

The Warriors of the Desert.  They were built entirely from the FG Crew sprue.

The lone generic Crewman Crunch.

• By ChanSeal
      This was an impulse buy for me 'cause I don't play Pathfinder, but the Reaper range has a lot of really cool mini's.
      From what I understand, the Scribbler is an incarnation or possessed by an ancient evil God, so I gave him some "psycho" eyes (ie Iris only touching the lower part of the eyeball).
      Tried to make a desert base, but put far too much grass on it.
      Thanks for looking.

• By Cyradis
      I did the eyes for this one months ago. I'm going to try NMM steel on her armor and weapons (I've mostly done weapons previously). Skin is the olive triad, but i tried the yellow-red-blue top to bottom as tints, in addition to my red brick shadows and golden highlights. Hair is base coated only. Skirt has a dark shadow base, and preliminary deepest shadow layers. It will be a deep red in the end. I'll keep taking it brighter until I am happy with it. I want it to be a bit darker than some of the trim on the armor. Perhaps it will get freehanded. Not sure yet. 

Also... oh my gosh my paint stays wet for SO LONG. What?! How do I? I can blend the things!?

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)