Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormbreach
      Here is a lizard man I painted recently.  I actually finished him a while ago but I didn't post him because there was someone else's posted that day that was much better than mine and I was embarrassed .  So here he is now.  I am quite happy with the color on his chest.  I didn't want him to have a straight yellow chest because that would look too contrasty and cartoony so I used some yellow in a glaze medium and put it on.  It was kind of chalky so I need to be looking at getting different yellow paint.  The close pics show the flaws and chalkiness but from a foot and a half away it looks amazing to me.  The underside of the tail is still straight yellow basecoat because I was getting lazy.  I am quite happy with him and please let me know what you think!

• By planetmut
      I have no idea what this little guy is supposed to be, but he's easily the smallest mini I've painted. Lots of Army Painter Jungle Green, Vallejo Transparent Yellow, Army Painter Green Wash and a bit of white.

The base is made from Liquitex Modelling Paste, which is surprisingly easy to use. Of course I stupidly did the base the day after I painted the mini, so hilarity ensued when I had to match the paints again.

• By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's magnificent 50212 "Incredible Woman," sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

She's a great figure that can be painted up like a lot of (tall - she's a big one) women superheroes. Wonder Woman is on my wish list, and maybe Captain Marvel one day.

This version is Marvel's She-Hulk from her classic days as one of the Fantastic Four, replacing Ben Grimm for a time.

As a materials and techniques note, I didn't use any green or blue pigments in her skin. It's all mixed from yellow and black. This was partly to prove a point and is kind of central in the art video I posted on YouTube last week: Yellow and Black Make Green.

Enjoy!

• By Savage Coyote
      Hey there, here's some of my Almirthil CAV's from the 7th CAV Guards "Never Fail" Regiment.  With Almirthil have some "Soviet" trappings, I ran with it and used an olive-y green for my units similar to Soviet armor from the Cold War period!  All logos and the bear mural are hand painted (the squiggle lines are numbers for the faction!) 

Concussion CAV (Fire Support)

Bear(s) CAV (fire support)

Growler CAV (recon)

Rhino CAV (Ritterlich CAV sent to the Almirthil on a "Lend Lease" Policy)

Tiamet CAV (Fire Support)  (Ritterlich CAV sent to the Almirthil on a "Lend Lease" Policy)

• Who's Online   28 Members, 5 Anonymous, 242 Guests (See full list)