• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      So, after quite some time, it's time to present some minis again. This time it's a group of Forge Worlds Death Korps of Krieg soldiers.

Those are a few prototype miniatures for a friends Imperial Guard army. If he likes the paintjob, we'll do them all in this pattern.

Oh, yeah - and just in case anyone goes "nice" or "awesome" or "excellent" again - HE'S WATCHING YOU.

If you really don't have got anything else to say, leave me a "like" instead. I take a "like" as a nod to my participation in this forum. A "nice" is getting me nowhere.

So long.
    • By Kangaroorex
      This is the second of my dropfleet starter sets.  The fleet represents the United Colonies of Man (UCM).  After humanity was chased off the planet earth and forced to scatter to its colonies to lick their wounds, the colonies united and formed an armada to take back the home planet.  These ships are the final gasp of mankind to keep from becoming nests for a truly invasive species.  the game itself is a little different from Most because battles are fought in nearspace around planets.  The map is a planet viewed from low earth orbit  and the ships can move from high to middle and low orbits, each having an effect on the ship speed and who can attack what.  The game itself is pretty fast, a starter fleet battle will resolve in about an hour for us on the rare occasions when i get to play and the sides are pretty evenly matched although they have very different play styles.  TTcombat took over the license this year and saved the game from fading away and have put quite a bit of effort into new miniatures and rewriting the rules to fix problems and make the dropfleet game compatible with its companion game Dropzone.  now you can run a companion game allowing the two games to interact on a limited basis which, i think adds a lot to both sides, if you can find that many players...

I decided to takes some liberties with these vessels.  i wanted each ship to be distinctive and easy to spot on the game board so the grid pattern built into the armor of the ship, which is usually blacked out, i lined in white and then traced over with various florescent colors from Scale 75.  The effect was not quite what I was after but it's still pretty good and certainly usable on the field of battle.  The ships are a starter set of 3 crusiers (2 heavy 1 light) and 4 frigates.  The base color is black with a midnight blue ghost tint and then highlighted with white and flouresents

Hope you enjoy them!  I certainly enjoyed painting them!

• By Kangaroorex
      Time to get the year started with a little space adventure!  It took me about a week of spare time to get this fleet assembled and painted.  Space ships are one of the few miniatures i find where less is more and although they look intensely detailed, there really isnt that much to work with.

This is an enjoyable game that I wish i had the opportunity to play more often but, time being what it is, i am limited in what i am willing to teach people to do and I get tired of always having to explain the rules.  Anyway, the Scourge are a bunch of nasty alien body snatchers who have invaded earth, forcing the remanents of humanity to go hide in the colony worlds to rebuild for the re-invasion of earth.  They also have some of the coolest ships!  These were done mainly with airbrush work except for some of the lights and engine fire.  I started with the badger metal colored primer and then sprayed the front with plasma fluid ghost tint and the back with blue ghost tint winding up with a really wonderful color shift across the minis.  The last piece is a leftover Aquan dreadnought from a game called Firestorm Armada I used a slightly different color profile so it would blend with both this game and the original firestorm fleet (okay i have a soft spot for spaceships.  I just wish the games would play half as cool as they look!)  This is basically a starter fleet consisting of three versions of the Cruiser class and 4 Frigates.  That and as I said, the dreadnought for good measure!

Thanks for looking!

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      And here we go again. I never get tired trying out new stuff and doing multiple projects at the same time.

The idea for this one approached me when I watched a Let's Play series by German Let's Player "DerHobbygeneral", who playes complex strategy games on PC.

That certain series was a mission in the strategy game "Combat Mission: Red Thunder", a game set on the Eastern Front of WWII. The mission is the recreation of the tank battle between German and Russian forces in the opening hours of Operation Bagration, the Soviet 1944 summer offensive that managed to crush the German Central Army and push the Germans back to the borders of East Prussia.

Combat Mission itself is a really complex game, simulating not only realistic projectile trajectories, armor and penetration calculation, but also randomly generating names for unit leaders and therefore emotionally connecting the player to his - or her - units.

One of these commanders was Unterfeldwebel Austermann, commandeering a Kpfw V Panther A, and throughout the game one of the main factors in stopping the Soviet tank assault at Studienka. The player and all commentators remarked on his excellent performance in the game and he became something like a meme. There were even suggestions of making a compilation of his best actions as some kind of memorial service in case he bit the dust.

And actually, a few episodes later, the Panther got hit a couple of times and was rendered inoperable. A shell even penetrated the front armor. While the battle for Studienka was raging, everyone focused on the question if Austermann and his crew would survive. And they did! What a remarkable turn in events! But I felt bad for the Panther, which was left behind.

Here's the scene - it's in German, unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/EJfQAVfhEoc?list=PLa3dxHLq2CvZBNhkqqaTX7jvSe7iOUjTj&t=752

Then it struck me that maybe Austerman felt bad, too, and when I saw a certain figure on a miniature shop website, I KNEW I was going to make a diorama about it. So I bought a couple of figures and a cheap old Panther A kit and ... now I am on a new project again - YAY!

I haven't decided which crew I take. I like both sets, but I guess I will go with the Dragon set. The other set can be used for a different project. But I guess, I will see once the overall layout is set.

Let's go!
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      This thread is something ... different from other works I have been done.

I guess it's not entirely in accordance to the board rules, so you may forgive me and accept my humble bundle of roses, choclate and other stuff that will easy your severely upset minds.

When I am in the mood, I am doing so many speed builds up to the point of painting (means assembly, basing and priming), that making them all into different threads I would flood the forum with an unnecessary number of threads.

So I will keep this limited to the building process of my different tabletop figures, armies and stuff and transfer the finished figures to their respective painting threads.

What's on the table at the moment?

Watchful I Studios

28mm Chinese Army Deal (around 100 figures and equipment)

Warlord Games

56 Soviet Russians (winter) (making M into F)

Raging Heroes

Sisters of Eternal Mercy: 10x Sisters and 10 Flying Sister plus some support units

Andrea Miniatures

1x Female Warrior (upgrading her to be a Chinese Warrior Woman)

Creature Caster

1x Tree Walker

Flames of War

Fallschirmjäger-Kompanie + Support Weapons
      4x Battlefront StuG 3G
      1x Plastic Soldier Company StuG 3G

Corvus Belli

A lot of Aleph miniatures

What's done and ready to be painted?

Flames of War

1x Fallschirmjäger-Zug (9 units)
      1x Fallschirmjäger Kompanieführung (HQ) - different Units and support weapons.

Warlord Games

- 18 German Fallschirmjäger
      - 10 German Panzergrenadiere

Mantic Games:

Kings of War Succubi Regiment (20 Succubi)

CP Models:

Diana

Andrea Miniatures

1x Female Paladin
      1x Naga Warrior
      1x Gunmaid

Corvus Belli

Some Aleph miniatures

Watchful I Studios

28mm Chinese Army Deal (15 figures)
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)