Let's ... errrr ... try ... airbrushing a garage kit

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/3/2018 at 9:41 AM, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Maybe I'll stripe her once more and redo all the messed up parts, because the figure has got a lot of seamlines and all that stuff I didn't see before. I'll have to think about that for some time.

FWIW, if you can get her apart and then paint her in sub-assemblies, I think you'll have a MUCH easier time painting this.  At the very least, most folks leave the head and/or hair separate until everything is painted.  I could see leaving some of the skirt panels off as well.  Oc course it depends on what was used to assemble the figure before you got it.  If it was super glue - no problem.  5 minute epoxy or something like that?  Not really sure what would work as a debonder for that.  Best wishes for success!

On 12/7/2018 at 4:04 AM, Mckenna35 said:

FWIW, if you can get her apart and then paint her in sub-assemblies, I think you'll have a MUCH easier time painting this.  At the very least, most folks leave the head and/or hair separate until everything is painted.  I could see leaving some of the skirt panels off as well.  Oc course it depends on what was used to assemble the figure before you got it.  If it was super glue - no problem.  5 minute epoxy or something like that?  Not really sure what would work as a debonder for that.  Best wishes for success!

Yeah. It's not like I haven't tried it. I don't know what kind of glue they used, but it's strong.

The figure is made from some kind of rubber (at least it feels like it) und the only thing I managed to do was melting away part of her shoe with the glue cleaner.

Thank the goddess I tried it at the UNDERSIDE first.

I put the figure to the side until I find a better solution to the problem without killing the miniature completely.

20 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Yeah. It's not like I haven't tried it. I don't know what kind of glue they used, but it's strong.

The figure is made from some kind of rubber (at least it feels like it) und the only thing I managed to do was melting away part of her shoe with the glue cleaner.

Thank the goddess I tried it at the UNDERSIDE first.

I put the figure to the side until I find a better solution to the problem without killing the miniature completely.

If it's rubbery, the odds are that it's PVC/Vinyl since that's the other material these things are usually made from.  If they used vinyl glue to put it together, I don't know what would work as a de-bonder.  On the off chance that they used super glue, you might try freezing it.  That usually makes the superglue brittle enough to come apart.  Just out of curiosity were you using actual debonder, or acetone/nail polish remover to try and get the seam apart?