Conan commission

Ok, this is my first commission piece! The client thought the figure looked like the cover to SSOC shown here, but it turns out the sculpt is actually of a Conan pencil and ink drawing by Estaban Maroto. The SSOC cover is loosely copied from that by Joe Jusko. We still decided to go for it, and even though its not an exact match I still think it came out pretty cool. I still need to fill the gap on his left shoulder and glue the sword on his back. I even sculpted a ring on his middle finger - to cover the hole I made by drilling too far to pin the hand on :lol:

The bottom picture, obviously painted much better than I could hope to do, is the original figure.

post-26-1087882532.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the handle of what looks like a gigantic sword sticking out on the the top right and pointing down to the left.

I don't see the end of the sword pointing out of the bottom though. Is it a short sword with a huge handle?

I see the handle of what looks like a gigantic sword sticking out on the the top right and pointing down to the left.

I don't see the end of the sword pointing out of the bottom though. Is it a short sword with a huge handle?

Didn't notice that before, but it does look kind of like that in the front. I will post a rear shot later in the showoff section as he is done now. If you look under his right arn you can see the end of the sword.