Metalchaos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments everyone.

21 hours ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! He compliments the first one SPLENDIDLY. Your WONDERFUL brushwork & color choices bring the Little Warrior to love in fine fashion. VERY WELL DONE!

Of course, when they are all painted up, you'll have to do a Group Portrait.

There will be a family portrait eventually. ^_^

11 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Keep these goblins coming!

I'm running out of Ral Partha's Goblin, there were only two in the box set. I painted the Orcs already which I will post shortly. There will also be more Goblins. I have Reaper's 07003 Bloodbite Goblins primed and ready to be painted waiting on the shelf.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reapertoniks!

Here's a few more Partha classics, three more elves sculpted by Tom Meier in around 1976-1977, a musician that belongs I think to a command group, the commander with that command group, and a female elf that I think came separately?

Used the same color schemes I had for my earlier elves, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello Reapervites!
      So here are three more Wood Elf figures, been working on a group of these and getting them finished little by little.

With them all, want them to be kind of the same but a little bit of variety, so tried to vary clothing colors and hair colors, but keeping it all in natural and autumn colors, browns, greens and oranges/yellows.  So anyhoos, here are three more:

Tried to some freehand that would tie in on the shield and banner.  My freehand is sometimes not the greatest, but oh well, give me something to want to learn better!

So enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaperlodytes!

Continuing the work on some old school goodness, more Ral Partha elves from 1976 I think:

These are all wood elves, and I've got some more coming, so I'm trying to get them painted in browns, yellows, oranges and greens.

These are their two spearmen.

Just like the Elven Princess, back in the pre-history of miniatures.  Super straight forward, a little awkward, amazing to compare these to Tom Meier's more recent figures!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaperologists!

So tonight taking a journey back to the past in the late seventies when Ral Partha was in its infancy, here is a Ral Partha Elven Princess, sculpted by Tom Meier.  A simple miniature from a simple time, it shows how far miniature sculpting has come over the years with an early Meier sculpt. Take this one an compare it to his more contemporary works, from Dark Sword Miniatures for example:

More oldies coming soon!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening my Reaperhoovians!

So just finished up this little blister pack of Shadowrun Elves sculpted by Ral Partha either latter eighties/early nineties, by Dennis Mize.  Two ladies and two gentlemen, challenge as always was figuring out what colors I wanted for them.  Being it's all funky monkey science fictiony, can't help but thinking of a little more lively colors and lively hair colors for the most part.

and I figured the last figured I'd do as a Drow, no idea if there are any Drow in Shadowrun but painting's not solving world peace or saving lives, so even if there are no Drow in Shadowrun, nobody will lose a finger.

And here's the group as it's all together:

I wanted them to fit all in one page so I didn't put them on bases, and I painted the rim black, and I can see a little bit of irregularities on that.  Not sure if I may eventually actually either repaint the base or actually put them on bases so they don't fall over.  The biggest problem is after I take them off their temporary base, I don't want to touch them and that's where it all gets tricky.

Anyhow, a problem for later, hope you enjoy these in the meantime!