Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
after a few years of not painting, the corona virus made me pick up the brushes again.
Every time I start a new phase of my erratic painting schedule there is a little ritual: I try to paint Laurana from the old LTPK2, struggle with her scroll, strip the paint off, try again and then give up to paint something else.
The instructions tell me to paint the scroll in white, make a black wash and then dry brush in white and voila, the writing on the scroll will magicly appear.
Except that it doesn't, it just becomes a complete mess.
What am I doing wrong? What could I do instead?
My freehand skills are nonexistent, so the obvious solution (and the one I see done very often on this mini) doesn't work for me. Leaving the scroll blank, because "she just cast the spell and it has disappeared" feels like cheating.
I would be really glad for some hints to point me in the right direction.
Thanks for your help!
Subtitle: Whaaaat!? Pendrake painted something?
This was an exercise in improvisation. People like to use the google hangouts to have painting sessions. But, all my painting stuff normally lives in the next room away from the computational machine. But some of it had gotten waylaid and dropped off in the wrong room so I decided to see if I could manage something. @knarthex was in the hangouts painting tiny CamelFlag patterns on tiny NATO troopers at the same time.
Here is Galladorn getting a bath in Simple Green diluted with water. The plastic bag is the type I use mostly for sorting Miniatures. File this under: how to mess with gooey-green cleaners and stuff near expensive equipment.
Next he got buried in paper towels to dry off.
TGPTGP; Wizard, Flaming Sword; tabletop; Bones;
I've had Ragnaros (or Raggers, as I like to think of him) for almost a year. I was stuck on what colours to use for ages. Red and brass, my first thought, are a bit too Khorne-y for my liking, and I didn't want to do him in the classic plate mail colours. So I settled for a pretty mute palette: Vallejo Neutral Grey, a blue/grey sample from Reaper, and Army Painter Dark Tone, Plate Mail Metal and Rough Iron. I did the eyes with Vallejo Red to add some colour.
I thought about doing something flashy with his sword and shield, but then figured that Raggers isn't the type to bugger about with flaming swords and shields made of human skin. I also wonder how easy it would be to outrun him seeing as he's wearing about three tons of armour. The figure itself is so heavy you could put it in a sock and use it to mug people.
Raggers isn't based yet; after slathering on what felt like the fourth gallon of Dark Tone to finish him off I'm taking a break.
As always, comments, criticisms and cash are welcome.
Some of you are old enough to remember the old Dungeons and Dragons toy line from way back when. In that toy line, they featured an evil fighter named Warduke. He also made one appearance in the cartoon, and was given stats (more than once) for use in the pencil and paper RPG.
I have decided to make/convert a copy of him for myself.
This is who I'm talking about for those that don't know, or remember:
He got brought back for 3.0 or 3.5 edition D&D, too:
Now, that's some pretty cool artwork, and my apologies to Mr. Reynolds, but it's wrong. Warduke is LEFT handed.
Anyway, now that we all know who I'm talking about, I chose the Bones version of Goldar : http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/goldar/latest/77047
to use as the base for this project.
And this is what I've gotten done so far:
Hand removed for a weapon swap, left arm armor sculpted with GS, started reshaping the left boot.
Who's Online 28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)