Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77202, Warg

He is one NASTY looking Puppy, WONDERFULLY painted I based. I love the blue highlights on the black fur. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Really like how you went with the moldline as scar - adds some character and looks really good - like the blue tones for this warg and the way you highlighted his wrinkly snarl!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, after sitting five months on the shelf, that being the projet (not me)  I finally found time to complete my Gnolls display base. The base is 7.25 inches x 11 inches wide. Here are some pictures.
      Other pictures of the Gnolls can be found here.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here are pictures of my Gnoll hunting party. All of them are Reaper Miniatures Gnolls, painted with Reaper Master Series Paints. I added the archer's bowstring and converted two models (see last picture).
      I will now work on a display base for them.

• By Maledrakh
      At the very end of the Lost Valley, the bossfight: Clubtail!

A plant eating 4-ton tank armed with a deadly morning star tail, an armoured hide with spikes, -a fantasy version of an Ankylosaur. The clubtail is larger than the fossil record of Ankylosaur supports. Also the spikes are overstated in comparison. A lot.
      At any rate, the Ankylosaur was contemporary with the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Triceratops. All are from what is now North America in the late Cretaceous period, roughly 68 million years ago. It needed that armour.  The question remains: What did it use the club-like tail for? To smesh predators? Rivals? Trees? An impressive display to attract mates? All of the above?
      And the clubtail has spikes. Did I mention the spikes?

I detest painting spikes. It takes absolutely ages and I invariably lose patience and botch the job. These look OK for tabletop but do not stand up to close scrutiny at all. At least it is done. Together with the entire Lost Valley Expansion! Woot!

The Clubtail is, in fact, the distant forebearer of the modern day Dragon Tortoise aka Koopa.

I made it a 125mm x 100mm base.

44076 Clubtail
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      125x100mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com

• By Maledrakh
      Some time in the late 1990s I did an entire lizardman army for the fantasy wargame Raven by Harlequin miniatures. I am thinking of rebasing and touching up this army as a generic, system agnostic one. That army had some smaller raptors and also raptor riders.  The paint scheme here is similar to how I painted those lizardmen back in the day, so these raptors should fit right in with this army.

44081: Raptor Hunting Pack (5)

The paint scheme is rather simple and quick to paint and does not really require much precision:
      Deep green over black undercoat, followed by a heavy drybrush with a bottle green, such as Dark Angels Green or similar. Over this a lighter drybrush on the legs/arms and very very lightly on the belly and underside in general with an olive green such as 70.967 Vallejo Model Color Olive Green or the old citadel goblin green.

The back gets some reddish brown or terracotta, followed by a sandy yellow/ochre that leaves some of the reddish brown visible around the edges. On this a light drybrush with 70.976 Vallejo Model Color Buff or similar bone yellow colour.  Mix in some white for a final highlight if desired. Gloss black on claws, paint in the eyes as follows: the entire eyeball and eyesocket in black or something very dark. The eyeball in buff, then some transparent yellow (or citadel cassandora yellow shade) with some thinned transparent orange in the middle. When dry, a thin vertical line of black, followed by gloss varnish on only the eyeballs. Teeth in a light beige or whatever you like.
      I made 45x30 oval bases for them.
      I need to say that the Bones Black material is very good for PVC minis, and far superior to the regular white Bones material. But these minis have some questionable detailing around the hands and feet. Or should I say lumpy bits at the end of the legs? It would seem that the factory has maybe pulled a fast one on Reaper and the QC has let us all down on these specific minis by not spotting this and having it fixed before signing off on them.
      I don't really mind all that much as the bits in question are for the most part hidden in the basing flockmix, but it is a bit frustrating knowing that they both could and should have had crisper details on the feet and hand claws.

Oi you lot! Gerroff my lawn!

• By Maledrakh
      So, is this inspired by Megalania, or is it something else entirely?
      Megalania was a giant monitor lizard that lived in Australia up to about 50.000 years ago, and might have been about this size compared to a human. It did as far as I know not have a spiney ridge all down the back or horizontally along the tail.
      Or is this more of a Crocodilian precursor like Dynamosuchus Collisensis that lived a whopping 230 million years ago, at the very Dawn of the Dinosaurs? That one would be smaller though, and still not have the back- and tailspines.

At any rate, Hornslasher:

Painting beasts such as this is a doddle: black undercoat, heavy dark blue drybrush, then some darkish greenish ochre and assorted sandy, green, and some pale blue grey. Pale belly and undersides. Claws and teeth in offwhite. I did some electric blue dots on the face just to get some colour in. This is mostly a case of throwing some colour on here and there to hint of stripes or patterns in the hide, and then to just stop at some point. A very light dusty drybrush to unify a bit and done. Dark purply red and pink in the mouth.
      I based it similarily to the Enormous Crocodile I did some weeks ago, with a thin, oval base that was half "muddy waters" going the length of the body. 100x50mm 3D printed base, built up to the left hindquarters with some scraps of plastic and putty.

Still large enough to be a serious threat to the denizens of the Lost Valley.

This mini was finished August 18th 2020.

44068 Hornslasher
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      100x50mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)