Sign in to follow this  
Dilvish the Deliverer

Dungeon of the Mad Mage PbP

Of there is interest, I'm willing to run DotMM here as a PbP.

For those not in the know, it's a mega-dungeon under the City of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.  It was designed for characters level 5th-20th.

System will be 5E, and I'm looking for 5 players (I can run it with 4-6 if needed though). 

5th level characters using any of the PHB, SCAG, VGtM, XGtE and MToF books for classes, races, feats and spells.

Standard array or point by per the PHB

I'm still trying to decide on magic items, but I'm leaning towards either 3 Uncommon, or 1 Rare and 1 Uncommon.

I'm looking at posting at least once a week, but am hoping on 2-3 a week or more depending on player involvement.

3 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I'm game but I've been kind of jumping at every PbP opportunity so maybe I should hold off and let others have a go.

This is me as well. I want in but I'll defer if you have 5.

Me three! (Also, not a clue about 5E, so maybe not the best player to have, regardless.)

I'm good with any and all.  I'm also in a bunch of games, that's why I figured it was time to run something.  As for experience with 5E, it actually pretty simple.  Main differences are the action economy (action, bonus action and reaction) and the advantage/disadvantage mechanic.  I'm more than happy to answer any questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkady said:

Me three! (Also, not a clue about 5E, so maybe not the best player to have, regardless.)

Basic rules are online.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Thou I think those go up to 3rd level?? It's been awhile since I've looked through that document. 

Thinking of going the Warlock route. The class has intrigued me lately. I kind of was hoping someone would have picked the pregen warlock I made. No takers thou.

The Basic Rules cover character creation for all 20 levels, they're just linited to the classic "core" races and classes (human, dwarf, elf, halfling, champion fighter, life cleric, evocation wizard, thief rogue).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unit04 said:

Room for one more? 

By my count, most definitely, given I'm more than willing to back out of this one in favor of someone else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arkady said:

By my count, most definitely, given I'm more than willing to back out of this one in favor of someone else.

I don't want to force you out though.  You were here first.  If I don't get to play that's fine.

Nothing forced about it. If there's too many players, I'm out because that's the way I want it. Let everyone have a shot at some games, I say!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dwarvenranger said:

I'll play. Thinking a human paladin/warlock (hexblade) but maybe straight warlock. Do you use feats?

Feats are in play, as is the Variant Human for your race.

8 hours ago, haldir said:

Basic rules are online.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Thou I think those go up to 3rd level?? It's been awhile since I've looked through that document. 

Thinking of going the Warlock route. The class has intrigued me lately. I kind of was hoping someone would have picked the pregen warlock I made. No takers thou.

If someone needs some of the basic rules, hit me up with your email address via PM and I've got you covered.

So far I see:

Prophetic Joe

Unit 04

Dwarven Ranger

and the "if rooms"

Blazing Tornado

haldir

Arkady