Sign in to follow this  
PaulMuller

Midblight Miniatures

Greetings, Children of the Reaper...

- I always think it's cheeky when entities pop up on manufacturers forums for a leg up; I do hope you will give me a pass, as I have contributed to the great Reaper Edifice (in a minuscule way) with a few sculpts in the past (Reaper Ron was kind enough to relieve me of a few Dregs.. Ghoul/Zombie sorts).

I'm just tinkering with a little range of my own , perhaps more whimsical fantasy figures..
Got a batch of greens finished (two gang/factions.. enough for an initial mould).. and am immersing myself in a bit of hitherto unexplored social media  (only got on FBook this year!).

Have just set up a FaceBook 'Artist' page (please do take a look if you like, no obligation, am not flogging anything just now):
https://www.facebook.com/midblightminiatures/?modal=admin_todo_tour

And attached a couple of pics for you to examine...

All the Beast/ Hope you US Denizens had a great Thanksgiving , Paul M

Grita's Brood.jpg

SAM_0191.JPG

• Like 11

OUTSTANDING! They would get on famously with my Mushrooms & kit-bashed Faerie Goblins,

Your pieces are WONDERFULLY imaginative & DELIGHTFULLY silly/whimsical. VERY WELL DONE!

- My Thanks Malefactus :}

- A bit like when bands are being ignored, I always feel a twinge of sympathy for forum posters who are met with  the chill of indifferent silence  .. you've spared me that indignity (I owe you!) :}
   Admittedly,  I did get a frosty non-welcome at the old FrothersUKForum (but felt I had to post there, to honor The CyberGods of Old).

If you've a blog/ instagram/FB with your modelling work, let me know, and I'll take a peek (always interested to see what my fellow mini-fanciers are up to).

1 hour ago, PaulMuller said:

- My Thanks Malefactus :}

- A bit like when bands are being ignored, I always feel a twinge of sympathy for forum posters who are met with  the chill of indifferent silence  .. you've spared me that indignity (I owe you!) :}
   Admittedly,  I did get a frosty non-welcome at the old FrothersUKForum (but felt I had to post there, to honor The CyberGods of Old).

If you've a blog/ instagram/FB with your modelling work, let me know, and I'll take a peek (always interested to see what my fellow mini-fanciers are up to).

HUUUUUGEE fan of your work, and amazingly enough, I was literally painting some base glazes on your Fractured Dimension Kostchtchie just last night!!! I've got your Dregs in metal from Reaper and several others of your work from FD. I've been waiting to do an appropriate diorama for your 'paladin in hell' for some time.

Just went and liked your FB page and will definitely look out for your stuff online if/when it starts selling, or if you venture to Kickstarter or something like that. ::D:

It was my pleasure to supply a morale boost. For me posting photos of my work is about the only way they will be seen...I do send dome out as surprise packages as another way of having them seen.

There is always the risk of being snubbed. There are times even I can't come up with a way of expressing my admiration. That wasn't a problem with your creations. They are exactly the sort of pieces 

that I LOVE

I have quite a lot of my stuff here in the Conversions & Presentation section...just look for The Last Hurrah...well here's a link:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/49696-the-last-hurrah-projectphoto-heavy/

My FaceBook has some albums:

https://www.facebook.com/alan.preuss.14

Cute little goblin.  Nice detail work, too.  I can just imagine her offering a poison toadstool  or a magic apple to some young adventurer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Adrift - thanks! The Fractured Dimensions project was pretty expansive; I think the wee Perribo clowns were my favourite sculpts.. there're some nicely painted examples if you search out : Minis by Finch (blog).

Malefactus; Wow- really impressive/inventive passion project (sort of thing I'm aiming for in ways, though you're light years ahead), your scenes/characters are reminiscent of stop-go animations (cool stuff).

Inarah - Ta; good (that's what I was shooting for .. fairytale feel) :}

Darsc -Ta, The Moonpug  appeared outta nowhere (they are cute little things).SAM_0736.thumb.JPG.d775832f8727fd75f73ef66f94530eb8.JPG

SAM_0735.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 5:18 AM, PaulMuller said:

Adrift - thanks! The Fractured Dimensions project was pretty expansive; I think the wee Perribo clowns were my favourite sculpts.. there're some nicely painted examples if you search out : Minis by Finch (blog).

Malefactus; Wow- really impressive/inventive passion project (sort of thing I'm aiming for in ways, though you're light years ahead), your scenes/characters are reminiscent of stop-go animations (cool stuff).

Inarah - Ta; good (that's what I was shooting for .. fairytale feel) :}

Darsc -Ta, The Moonpug  appeared outta nowhere (they are cute little things).SAM_0736.thumb.JPG.d775832f8727fd75f73ef66f94530eb8.JPG

SAM_0735.JPG

Oh... oh that's great! I have a friend who's going to love that! 

Crowley- Thanks! I sculpted that one middle of 2017 (since then, quite a few 'doggy adventurers' have popped up).

JoshuaSlater- Ta (it's a tortoise race between you, me and AndyColeman (4A) :}

.. Great Lidless Eye ('Wreathed in Flame')  -Had never heard of them (but now see the potential ..had pictured him in trad pug fawn.. but pastel 'My little pony' colours could work.. )

Added a couple of dwarv-ish pics..

SAM_0716.JPG

SAM_0720.JPG

SAM_0691.JPG

• Like 3

Cool minis. 

Not my kettle of tea, but yeah, they look fun.   

Thanks for posting them. 

(I don't Farcebook, so wouldn't have seen them if you hadn't posted them)

Gadgetman! - Well, thanks for pausing to give them a once over (in any case).
                       - I long resisted Facebook's Dark Palantir... (in fairness, it's generated a bit of work for me since I .. 'plugged in' , in April).

Edited by PaulMuller
typed 'them' twice by accident, then recoiled..

Time moves slowly in this web-wreathed attic (glacially so).
- I sculpted a couple of trad Skellies for the last Bones KS (hope a good few of you have enjoyed applying paint; inflicting them on your PCs)!

I suppose this is a 'sorta hobby-log' entry (as things stand); I have had my little creations cast up 'Shiny and Pewter', and am looking at taking them to market (it'll be Kickstarter to get the glacier moving; and I'll shift across to that area of the forums when that occurs).
   Couple of pics of the Metal (one of a coloured in metal)..... wishing all you Children of the Reaper sharp eyes and nimble fingers.... Paul M
48573822516_1e49697061_h.jpgTheWhole9YardsShiny&Pewter1600 by Paul Muller, on Flickr
48573955302_0e29146d6f_h.jpgDolph's Dworvolk Poaching Party1600 by Paul Muller, on Flickr
48575468897_ba7481db99_b.jpgStripesCleanerbWMidblight (2) by Paul Muller, on Flickr

Edited by PaulMuller
  • Like 3