Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Triceratops Dinner by Glitterwolf

2 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Looks like a terrifying feeding frenzy!

Thx!

They like to go out on family dinners..

13 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Excellent work in adding the feathers, their posing and position remind me of their descendants the Fat Little Birds who are doing much the same to the bird feeder currently. 

Thank you!

Glad you like them!

5 hours ago, Warlady said:

Yum yum yum!  ;-)

It seems they're enjoying it!

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Oh no! ::o: I think the Threehorn has a tummy ache! ::P:

No worries, as you can see the medics have arrived, they are now operating on him as we speak...oh...wait...those are not medics..

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Iridil said:

Very striking tropical color scheme and dynamic diorama! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Thank you!

There will be more vegetation and critters when it is done.

• Like 1

Added vegetation.

The whole piece will be done soon, couldn't finish it last year..

Added the new pic in the first post.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello all,

just finished this one up, a Ral Partha Children of the Night Megalosaurus. I told myself I was going to stay away from greens and grey, which is of course what this one ended up being.  I threw some pink highlights into his mouth and throat, which started making me think a bit about the Joker.  

This guys is a dinosaur so he's a pretty hefty piece of metal.  I should probably photograph some day a normal sized person to give a comparison. He's on an oval base, no idea how big it's supposed to be. 

Anyway, hope you like!

• By Geoff Davis
      Here are a couple of WIP photos from my T-rex conversion to the "King of Feathers". 

I was working from this painting, from the "Tombs of Annihilation" campaign book.

I trimmed away a lot of the ornamentation on his back and put on a base of green stuff.  Once that dried, giving me a smooth surface to work from, I started adding small strips of green stuff to jam the 'feathers' into.  The feathers are made from Dollar Store plants.  I used wire cutters to clip the ends off of about 500 individual plastic leaves.  Then I washed the leaves, so they would have a better chance of sticking to the green stuff and the glue.  They still fall out sometimes, even though they are glued into the greenstuff with superglue.  I would add a chunk of greenstuff and smooth it out.  Then I jammed in the 'feathers'.  Once I had a line of feathers in place, I put another line of greenstuff on top of them to hold them in place, and to be the base for the next layer of feathers.  Once I had all the pieces ready to go, it went surprisingly quickly.  The actual process of applying the feathers only took about two hours. 

I used my airbrush to apply primer in a zenithal pattern.  Because of the complexity of the feathers, it was much easier to use the airbrush to prime it rather than brush it on. 

Final paint finish turned out pretty well.

Here is the same figure painted as a more traditional t-rex.

This project was a lot of fun.  I spent a lot of time giggling over how the players in my D&D game were going to react when I put this on the table. 

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 287 Guests (See full list)