Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77437, Winter Wolf

He brings to mind the Werewolf in An American Werewolf in London.. He is a NASTY Beasty; WONDERFULLY  painted in a striking choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ducknuck84
      Finished up the Dark Heaven Sidrith Sword Sister and am happy with the results though I am also thankful for the size creep in mini's over the years as it was really hard to try and do detail work. I'm very happy with the eyes and once again the new Heartwood Brown is becoming my fav for Leather; just base coat it and add a sepia wash and it's 90% done. the only complaint with the mini is that the sword hilt holding hand hands back is really lumpy and it's hard to tell what was hand, hilt or crossguard. 

• By Pingo
      https://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/news/still-snarling-after-40000-years-a-giant-pleistocene-wolf-discovered-in-yakutia/

The intact head of a gigantic wolf has been discovered in Siberian permafrost. The head is 40cm long, as large as a modern donkey’s head (fully half the body length of a modern wolf!)

• By EvilJames
      So this  is an experiment in multiple  ways. First, when I painted this guy up. I wanted to try and paint a black wolf for something different. I wasn't  sure how to make the fur stand out, so this is the first time I've used reference photos. Also for the longest time I've been having trouble getting photos to turn out. They look fine on the phone but awful on my laptop when I try to edit them. Turns out, when you upload things to a potato, they look like potato.  So I'm seeing if I can make it work with just my phone. Anyway here we go.
    • By Maledrakh
      All Hail Hydra!

This one I have put off painting since way back when. In it's unpainted form I thought it had soft details and was a bit crude. As soon as I started painting it now, the drybrushing revealed another side to it, so to speak.
      It turned out much better than I expected, mainly as the faces are easier to read than when unpainted, and the details are not as shallow as I had thought.

Again, I use a big brush when painting big bones, this one was mainly painted with a 15mm wide flat and a 5mm flat. It was painted mainly with drybrushing with no washes used at all.
      I started over a black undercoat, I painted the entire thing with new Citadel Incubi Darkness, and drybrushed this heavily with new Citadel Kantor Blue. Next was a heavy drybrush with old Gamecraft Olive Green on the top half and Vallejo Game Color Dead Flesh on the bottom half.
      The stripes are in an old dark red I think is Leviathan Fire Dragon Red. I am not quite sure, as it was poured over into another pot at some point, and I did not write what it was on the new pot. I drybrushed the stripes with new Citadel Wazzdakka Red.
      The back ridges, horns and claws were done with new Citadel XV-88, Bleached Bone and Reaper Splintered Bone. The mouths were painted Kantor Blue followed by Citadel Screamer Pink and Wazdakka Red, and a mix with yellow at the edges. Eyes in bleached bone, Yriel Yellow and Wazdakka Red. Teeth in Reaper Splintered Bone.

I printed out a base for it, and built it a little up on the front end to make the beast stand a little taller. The cracks and edges were hidden with clumps of tufts.

Many of the miniatures in the first Bones kickstarter were based on metal minis already in production. Might this be a factor for softer details on those than on the newer ones?
      This was a paid add on on the KS.

77191 Hydra
      Reaper Bones, from the first kickstarter 2013
      Sculpted by Sandra Garrity
      Made from Bonesium PVC
      Bespoke printed 130mmx80mm base
      Currently available from reapermini.com

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, now that the contest is over, here are some pictures of entry in Reaper's Painting Contest #8. Congrats to the winners and all those who participated. I can't wait to see the next model selection. The model is 77364, Angel of Shadows and it's mounted on a 77247, Pillar of Evil both sculpted by Sandra Garrity. The last picture was my entry in the contest, I managed to finish second.

I entitled my entry the Angel of Hope. I removed the sword she was holding in here right hand and I carved her finger as if she's pointing the way for the lost souls so they will to turn back to the light.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)