Sign in to follow this  
malefactus

A Faerie Dragon & Friends

16 minutes ago, PingosHusband said:

Nice.  That Fairy dragon looks like it's modeled from Tenniel's illustration of the Jabberwock.

It looks great in your forest setting.

Thanks, PingosHusband. I am happy you like him & his setting.

I think it is the neck that is the source of resemblance. Tenniel's Jabberwock has a long, flexible, goose-like neck just like the Fairy Fellow.

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

He fits in with the mushroom folk very well. How clever to have camouflage scales and wings! 

He could probably slink across a Jackson Pollack painting & not be noticed.

Thanks for the reply, Inarah. I think he works with the rest of the silliness also.  

3 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Those colors are so nice and bold, such a nice job!

Subtlety in colors is lost on me. Thanks for the morale support, moonglum.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BLZeebub said:

Aww, it's like the Jabberwock's simple, vorpal-dodging but sweet nephew who never learned to bite or catch.

...he did master water balloons & short sheeting though. Thanks for the reply, BLZeebub!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Dragon turned out great!

I like it, and as always, a great base as well!

Thanks, Glitter. I am happy you like the piece.

• Like 1

It is amazing how beautiful and colorful your work is, it's always captivating. I like how the Faerie Dragon contrast with the Spooky Woods in the background. All the cold and warm colors playing togheter creates a wonderful magical effect.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Thanks 1

Great addition to your fantastical forest - the colors are amazing. The sculpt matches the feel of your mushrooms - love his expression - I feel a malevolence or maybe mischief lurking behind the goofiness.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

It is amazing how beautiful and colorful your work is, it's always captivating. I like how the Faerie Dragon contrast with the Spooky Woods in the background. All the cold and warm colors playing togheter creates a wonderful magical effect.

Thank you for a very kind reply, Metalchaos. I am happy you enjoyed the piece, especially the colors. I do tend to get vibrant. 

26 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Great addition to your fantastical forest - the colors are amazing. The sculpt matches the feel of your mushrooms - love his expression - I feel a malevolence or maybe mischief lurking behind the goofiness.

Thanks, Iridil. I am delighted you like them. I think there is more mischief than malevolence here. The dark woods are more the source of unease. 

• Like 2