Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Back again with another recent wintery addition to Frostrun.
Here we have the caribou from EC3D's Wilds of Wintertide Kickstarter which has been beautifully printed from EscharloneGaming on Etsy.
These caribou, or reindeer, are fantastic little models with just enough detail to make painting them a blast, but not so much texture as to make them a pain. These are the first 3D printed minis I have ever purchased or painted, except for a few Heroforge minis. I didn't know what to expect from the quality of design or delivery, but was very pleased with the results!
I painted up two variations, one with a lighter coat and a white nose, and another with a darker coat and a black nose. I was absolutely thrilled with the result and they have made a wonderful addition to my campaign of Frostrun.
More Photos below the spoiler:
I have a handful of other minis from this line also printed by EscharloneGaming and I am looking forward to painting them up as well, when the inspiration finally seizes me.
What are your favorite 3D models?
Check out this WIP for the rest of my Frostrun project.
From a good Reaper Bones to a a brazilian werewolf (call Lobisomem) from the amazonian mythology for my Of God and Mortals Army (see this topic on the LAF here)
a very simple one, as the werewolf has no tail. Only a swap 's head and the job is done .
Just a good head choice with a WH40k wolf
I put two entries into the recent Reaper Facebook Convert and Paint contest. This first one didn't get many votes, which doesn't surprise me as I think not too many people knew what it was and it was on the weirder side. Plus the paint job itself was kind of bland. But I like the idea of it because of what it is. It is a tikbalang - a malevolent, mythical Filipino creature that leads travelers astray or plays tricks on them. It has a horse's head, a bony body, and long, disproportioned limbs.
I used these minis to make it. The wendigo's head was chopped off. Then I took the head of the Silverhorn, removed the horn and did some filing and sculpting to get it to join properly to the body of the wendigo. Very minimal green stuff use outside of filling seams; I filled in the wendigo's hooves, which were cloven, and rebuilt a bit of the mane so it joined smoothly with the rest of the body.
And I saved the body of the unicorn. At some point I'll have to convert it into a centaur!
I had the kids home from school unexpectedly yesterday:
Elder spawn had a friend over and we did come painting.
got a pair of yeti out and I did wash and drybrush with mini-spawn (5yrs) using craft brushes, reaper paint and a wet pallet.
I painted eyesockets, and then gave her a toothpick for whites.
I was helping Elderspawn with her Dungeons and Doggies figure and Minispawn just grabed a transparent ranger, I told her to paint it however, since I dont have a working system for transparents. It makes a really good ghost now.
three more off my bones3 core set.
Who's Online 15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)