Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

Westwind Vampire Wars Witch Hunters

In the spirit of the holiday, some angry Pilgrims...

100_0765.JPG.f98ed2a9e993cf94a75314b3c2d09ec8.JPG

Turkey Spirits beware...

100_0766.JPG.b08d02604ca32cb86dc587213366ff12.JPG

With the headband and knife I figured this guy was Rambo's ancestor. (Rambo 7, the prequel: Pilgrims vs Werewolves, coming soon...)

100_0769.JPG.261d7894ef6afbe1bb485cb43038a599.JPG

An active senior interested in doing his part for the common good.

100_0768.JPG.0130ba95b2d205f72899a14fbeaf4684.JPG

A local youth looking to earn the right to grow a beard by fulfilling the community service requirement.

100_0767.JPG.2b8c42a447965ab448148e99e100d625.JPG

When you're only paid per heretic hung, you're probably going to be somewhat proactive in your duties. What a work ethic!

• Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I picked these guys up in 2003, along with the Daemonhunters codex, thinking about building an Inquisition army for 40k. That never happened, so they got drafted into my small collection of witch hunters, and now they serve a different Inquisition.

In the field, searching for heretics or hand sanitizer hoards...

A clearer view of the group.

According to the Codex, this fellow is a Mystic, I promoted him to Techno-Bishop. Currently the leader of the Angry Catholic faction.

Here is the Sage/Scribe, looking none too happy about having to leave his office and quite upset over how much of the budget is getting spent on ingredients for the chainsaw's fuel/oil mix...

And here's the Hierophant/Chainsaw Preacher. Probably the happiest of the group, as he is out and about applying his chainsaw to whatever problems he encounters....

Gave a nice blue tint to his flask, to suggest holy water, possibly added to the chainsaw's fuel mix so as to increase it's effectiveness against the undead...

Normally this time of year, I'd be returning to the eternal project that is the Coffee Dwarves, but this be not a usual year. Hence, the time has come for my Witch Hunters to gain their own thread. While I love me some undead, I also have a soft spot for those who dedicate themselves to fighting such unholy menaces, likely due to movies like the Monster Squad being formulative youthful influences. 

The warband/army thus far. Or at least the part dating up to about 1920 or so.

BEHOLD! THE FOUL FIENDS HATH HIDDEN YE PRIVY TISSUE IN YON TOMB IN GREAT AMOUNT!
      The other, more modern segment is what I like to call the Angry Catholic faction.

A humble beginning thus far, but it gives me an excuse to eventually collect an army of battle nuns that aren't affiliated with 40k. 

War Monks on Motorcycles. It doesn't get much more badelf than that. One of the upcoming units is a nun fast attack vehicle, since apparently in the world of the unhinged, common church tactics include road warfare. 

And the reinforcements for both factions that have been waiting on the Shelf of Incompleteness for far far too long. So now that I've got the table set up where the sun can't interrupt me, and the urge to paint has returned, no excuse not to try and get a few more of these done.  The two up front, Elyse Anya, and a 40k sanctioned psycher are almost finished, Anya just needs basing. Which is another thing that I noticed when I was setting up for the photos, my basing is all over the place with these guys, so there may be a bit of reworking going on as well. 

And chasing the Witch from my previous post are these guys...

Other than a few highlight touchups, and basing these guys were mostly completed during last years Thanksgiving Challenge, so finishing them for this years seemed appropriate. 

Jacob Knockengard, looking like he could use a drink and a warm meal after smiting a vampire.

The face of a man who has earned a sandwich.

Abraham Van Helsing, proving that in the 1800s medical professionals were known also for their elf kicking ways. (see also Doc Holiday)

GW Talisman Witch Hunter, one of my favorite sculpts that is pure Solomon Kane. Like with most of my Witch Hunters I tried to keep his clothing in the traditional Pilgrim/Puritan colors of the 1600s.

GW Johann Van Hal, looking well prepared to encourage the foul minions of Old Night to get off his lawn.

Like with the previous Witch Hunter, I used White on his cross as a reference to the Teutonic Knights.

Wilhelm Hasburg. Like Johan he was a Dogs of War character for Warhammer several editions ago. 

Even as the forces of Old Night remain on the painting table, stalwart souls rise up to receive paint and do battle against them. Also there are mice. A lot of mice, who have been very patiently waiting on the table for almost a year now to be completed. Seeing as how the Thanksgiving season has room for festive rodents alongside bad*** gun slinging pilgrims of faith and fury, this month's WIP will be dedicated to both.

The Witch Hunter Captain is a Mordheim mini that I started 14 years ago. (I feel old now) He's mostly completed and it's interesting to look at him and see just how far I'd gotten skill wise and compare my best work of then to my work now. I've levelled up a bit, but what I was able to accomplish with the GW paint pots which I'd never mastered the art of mixing colors with, rather suprised me.
      The mice to the front left are two of the three Thanksgiving Mouslings and the only actual Thanksgiving minis I have. The Pilgrim Mouse I did manage to get done last November as well as a few from the Mousling Tavern set. The others will be in the first batch not only because they have been very patient with me, but because they're also almost done and I've already squandered a bit of time this month getting my sleep schedule sorted out. 

I've been working on these since last year, a couple figures at a time. I hope to eventually put together an entire army of them but redneck sculpts aren't that easy to find. The chronoscope zombie hunters/survivors and the new hillbilly are next on the list of acquirements. 

The car is a 1/32 scale 1970 Plymouth Road Runner from Jada Toys Fast and Furious line. Somewhat over scale, but it looks close enough and is easy to take apart.

I resisted the urge to Mad Max it as I wanted it to be more along the lines of a car left in the barn for some years before TSHTF.

I chose to use warmer colors to match popular 70s shades and to give it a hint of the General Lee.

These two are the first ones I painted and the freehand flannel isn't the best but it give him the look of a regular farmer. The one on the right is a combination of Darryl from the Walking Dead and Rambo. Both are from Wargames Factory Apocalypse Survivors:The Men.

Next are Westwind's Redneck Militia. They were fun to paint, especially the cans of Hamms.
      Berkeley was done as a homage to Ash from Army of Darkness.

I freehanded more flannel on Billy Joe and it came out much better than my first attempt and the flag on his hat came out better than I expected.
      The flock on his overalls was an accident but I'm leaving it as it suggests the white lightning in his jug caused him to stumble a bit. I also am happy with the freehand on his rag.
      Bobby Jo is the one that I think came out the best.
      Eventually I'll get them another vehicle and some plasticville mobile homes.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)