Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

Westwind Vampire Wars Witch Hunters

In the spirit of the holiday, some angry Pilgrims...

100_0765.JPG.f98ed2a9e993cf94a75314b3c2d09ec8.JPG

Turkey Spirits beware...

100_0766.JPG.b08d02604ca32cb86dc587213366ff12.JPG

With the headband and knife I figured this guy was Rambo's ancestor. (Rambo 7, the prequel: Pilgrims vs Werewolves, coming soon...)

100_0769.JPG.261d7894ef6afbe1bb485cb43038a599.JPG

An active senior interested in doing his part for the common good.

100_0768.JPG.0130ba95b2d205f72899a14fbeaf4684.JPG

A local youth looking to earn the right to grow a beard by fulfilling the community service requirement.

100_0767.JPG.2b8c42a447965ab448148e99e100d625.JPG

When you're only paid per heretic hung, you're probably going to be somewhat proactive in your duties. What a work ethic!

• Like 13

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Even as the forces of Old Night remain on the painting table, stalwart souls rise up to receive paint and do battle against them. Also there are mice. A lot of mice, who have been very patiently waiting on the table for almost a year now to be completed. Seeing as how the Thanksgiving season has room for festive rodents alongside bad*** gun slinging pilgrims of faith and fury, this month's WIP will be dedicated to both.

The Witch Hunter Captain is a Mordheim mini that I started 14 years ago. (I feel old now) He's mostly completed and it's interesting to look at him and see just how far I'd gotten skill wise and compare my best work of then to my work now. I've levelled up a bit, but what I was able to accomplish with the GW paint pots which I'd never mastered the art of mixing colors with, rather suprised me.
      The mice to the front left are two of the three Thanksgiving Mouslings and the only actual Thanksgiving minis I have. The Pilgrim Mouse I did manage to get done last November as well as a few from the Mousling Tavern set. The others will be in the first batch not only because they have been very patient with me, but because they're also almost done and I've already squandered a bit of time this month getting my sleep schedule sorted out. 

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I've been working on these since last year, a couple figures at a time. I hope to eventually put together an entire army of them but redneck sculpts aren't that easy to find. The chronoscope zombie hunters/survivors and the new hillbilly are next on the list of acquirements. 

The car is a 1/32 scale 1970 Plymouth Road Runner from Jada Toys Fast and Furious line. Somewhat over scale, but it looks close enough and is easy to take apart.

I resisted the urge to Mad Max it as I wanted it to be more along the lines of a car left in the barn for some years before TSHTF.

I chose to use warmer colors to match popular 70s shades and to give it a hint of the General Lee.

These two are the first ones I painted and the freehand flannel isn't the best but it give him the look of a regular farmer. The one on the right is a combination of Darryl from the Walking Dead and Rambo. Both are from Wargames Factory Apocalypse Survivors:The Men.

Next are Westwind's Redneck Militia. They were fun to paint, especially the cans of Hamms.
      Berkeley was done as a homage to Ash from Army of Darkness.

I freehanded more flannel on Billy Joe and it came out much better than my first attempt and the flag on his hat came out better than I expected.
      The flock on his overalls was an accident but I'm leaving it as it suggests the white lightning in his jug caused him to stumble a bit. I also am happy with the freehand on his rag.
      Bobby Jo is the one that I think came out the best.
      Eventually I'll get them another vehicle and some plasticville mobile homes.

• By Edsterdoom
      Here is another selection of models for Eotd and IHMN games. The models have been under coated for some time and I am looking to clear the backlog.

There is a set of four with guns and a hulking Mr Hyde style character.

And the groupshot.

As always comments welcome.
    • By Edsterdoom
      In my ongoing quest to paint a lot of models to play war games with this year I decided to paint a few more Victorians for an upcoming In Her Majesties Name campaign.

This is four additional models I have painted over the last week. There are a few more that will be posted here in the coming week or two.

First up is individual shots followed by a group photo.

As always comments welcome.
    • By Edsterdoom
      To save producing three new topics I decided to group them together in one thread. All these are by Westwind Minatures and are still part of the EoTD Kickstarter (yes I still have 20 to go and will do for quite some time!!)

First up is another victorian gentleman, I attempted something new here and tried to paint tweed, this isn't too bad for table top standard but I would need to practice if I do this again.

Next up is either a man servant or page boy, this model is shorter then most of the 28mm models. I have painted him in a simple scheme.

And finally a criminal from the Holmes Nemesis set, I think this guy is supposed to portray the fugitive from the Hound of the Baskervilles. (Can't think of his name at the moment)

As always comments welcome. I have 4 more of the current EoTD models to finish and then it's back onto some Bones.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)