Jump to content

Stonehaven Dwarves Vol. 2


Recommended Posts

The figures I can identify in the new pictures are all stretch goals.  I can't quite match the middle one with any of the concept art.

 

Edit: Maybe that's the male dwarven fighter from the Heroes of the Iron Hills set.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

The figures I can identify in the new pictures are all stretch goals.  I can't quite match the middle one with any of the concept art.

 

Edit: Maybe that's the male dwarven fighter from the Heroes of the Iron Hills set.


For sure:

image.png.6688e69e60760038b06ca773760f2982.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

So an update. From Petra. Reading between the lines it seems Mike doesn’t like doing updates.

 

25 of the traditionally sculpted minis have masters made. The masters for the rest are currently being worked on.

 

The printed masters of the digitally created minis, appear to have been lost in the mail enroute to the caster.

At worst Mike will have to reprint them and send them out to the caster again.

 

I’m really disappointed. Not in the fact that theyre coming up to 3 months delayed, that’s not unusual for kickstarters, but it isn’t the norm for Stonehaven.

 

No what disappoints me, and it’s not just Stonehaven, it’s happened with other trusted companies I’ve backed in the last year or two, is that they haven’t been up front to the backers that they were trying something new, something different from what they’ve done before, that could affect both the quality of the minis and the time frame for delivery.

 

Its a trend that is very worrisome and has affected 4 kickstarters from companies that I trusted, including Reaper. 

However Reaper is lucky in that for the most part it worked out for them and the backers. 

As for the other three projects... Not so much. 

 

And it’s become very clear that while Mike is a talented artist and sculptor, he isn’t a business man nor does he have the communication skills to run a kickstarter on his own.

 

:down:

  • Like 2
  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Its a trend that is very worrisome and has affected 4 kickstarters from companies that I trusted, including Reaper. 

 

Which companies?

 

I've sorta noticed this as well (eg. boardgame creators switching manufacturers).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
2 hours ago, ced1106 said:

 

Which companies?

 

I've sorta noticed this as well (eg. boardgame creators switching manufacturers).

Besides Stonehaven and Reaper, Gangfighter Games  Black Water Gulch, Jackalopes War in Christmas Village, and Mantic in general.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm happy with the figures I purchased in his last KS, I'm so glad that I didn't back this one. Thou, with the severe spike in retail prices for existing Stonehaven minis, I've come to forget Stonehaven even exists anymore.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 12:39 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

So an update. From Petra. Reading between the lines it seems Mike doesn’t like doing updates.

 

25 of the traditionally sculpted minis have masters made. The masters for the rest are currently being worked on.

 

The printed masters of the digitally created minis, appear to have been lost in the mail enroute to the caster.

At worst Mike will have to reprint them and send them out to the caster again.

 

I’m really disappointed. Not in the fact that theyre coming up to 3 months delayed, that’s not unusual for kickstarters, but it isn’t the norm for Stonehaven.

 

No what disappoints me, and it’s not just Stonehaven, it’s happened with other trusted companies I’ve backed in the last year or two, is that they haven’t been up front to the backers that they were trying something new, something different from what they’ve done before, that could affect both the quality of the minis and the time frame for delivery.

 

Its a trend that is very worrisome and has affected 4 kickstarters from companies that I trusted, including Reaper. 

However Reaper is lucky in that for the most part it worked out for them and the backers. 

As for the other three projects... Not so much. 

 

And it’s become very clear that while Mike is a talented artist and sculptor, he isn’t a business man nor does he have the communication skills to run a kickstarter on his own.

 

:down:

I'm a little confused as to why he mixed it up, he's traditional sculpting has become noticeably better. Honestly, some of the 3D sculpts I have seen have some qualities I'm not crazy about. Not exactly soft details but... soft lines? Transitions between areas? It is hard to describe. I'm not discounting them, but difference between them and traditional sculpts is noticable.

 

Anyway, I hope Stonehaven comes through in the end, I feel they will, but...

 

1 hour ago, haldir said:

While I'm happy with the figures I purchased in his last KS, I'm so glad that I didn't back this one. Thou, with the severe spike in retail prices for existing Stonehaven minis, I've come to forget Stonehaven even exists anymore.

Yeah, it makes me regret skipping on some of their Kickstarters, partly due to them coinciding with Bones KS's and partly due to just not having the funds at the time. I remember splurging to get in on this one and now well... 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

I like that Mike tried to give the blademaster a sense of movement. He appears to be caught in mid stride.

I’d have to see him from more angles to tell if Mike was successful.

 

Mostly I’m just happy to see Mike attempt something other than a static pose.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
12 hours ago, aku-chan said:

But it now has me curious about why he was sculpted, is there a Human Adventurer Kickstarter on the horizon?

Good question.

 

If that mini is an example of Mike trying to branch out from his usual sculpting style, I’d be interested.

I really do believe this is one of his better sculpted minis.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

I only saw this tonight because Stonehaven didn’t create an update for it, they just posted in the kickstarter comments 3 days ago.

 

We just got the last 15 products yesterday. I'll be inspecting and packaging them through the next week. Then we'll be shipping them out! So excited for you guys to get these. They are seriously the best minis we've done so far!

 

I’m just glad to see the end may finally be near, well except for the however many weeks long wait for this to ship to Canada and be processed by customs.

Looking forward to finally seeing these minis in person.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

Stonehaven posted an update today that they’re starting to ship out pledges today.

Plus they’re adding a second Bonus random mystery mini 1 of 3 to make up for the delays.

 

Apparently they’re new never before seen sculpts, so I’m curious to see what Mike has been up to. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By lexomatic
      I finished another encounter.
      This one starts here, and continues p7-10  of the WIP thread.
      My general Bones 5 WIP thread

      More pics later




    • By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1241236607/wickerpunk-rpg?ref=activity
       
      Hi, we're Crow Land Publishing, and here's our first book, Wickerpunk. A supplement book for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, with application for all fantasy and horror games, such as Pathfinder, Call Of Cthulhu and even superhero games, like Champions. It will be 275 pages.
      Folk horror – horror and supernatural fiction that relies on elements of the past, folklore, superstition, the dreadful majesty of nature, the darkest urges of old religion. And old gods. Where the landscape itself is a symbol of fear and dark majesty. 

Heroic fantasy – a dream of blades and magic, a dream of defiance of the dark powers of the world, where we can be our truest ideals of our self. 

And when these genres collide – we have Wickerpunk.  A genre in which the ancient and natural world of the Wyld meets the imperialist world of Industry.
      If you like film such as Gawain and the Green Knight, Dragonslayer and The VVitch, you'll like our book.
      If you like games such as Maiden of Sker, Greedfall, and Hellblade, you’ll like our book. 

If you like anime such as Princess Mononoke, The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Faery Gone, you’ll like our book.
      If you like TV shows such as The Witcher, Game of Thrones, (especially the White Walkers stuff!) and the classic 1980s Robin of Sherwood, you’ll like our book. 
      If you like novels such as The Mists of Avalon, The Dark Is Rising and The Broken Sword, you’ll like our book. 
      Wickerpunk is a sourcebook that instructs GMs and players alike on what wickerpunk looks like in a game of D&D or any fantasy roleplaying game.
    • By Westfalia
      We have a small and short campaign live at Kickstarter.
      As the clunky title suggests, It's about a big virus, his small buddy and some masked adventurers.
       
      The all in level is 50 USD (60 Canadian) + postage
       
      Thanks for having a look!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/flying-virus-monster-vs-masked-adventurers
       
       
       
       

       
       
       

    • By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.
       
      Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)
       

       
      What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

       
      Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description
       
      Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.
       
       
       
      I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?
       
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...