Reaper Dungeon Dwellers for December 2018: Caerindra Thistlemoor, Female Warrior

thelonegoldfish

4 hours ago, Muninn said:

...with 1st ed D&D. There were only 3 classes: Fighting Man, Magic-User, & Cleric* (Greyhawk expansion added Thief), and four races (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling*)....

*yes, Demi Humans were technically both races and classes, I'm just separating them based on our current usage. That might actually strengthen my argument that these characters are based on the Basic box, since November is simply called "Dwarf Adventurer."

So, I’m an original D&D era guy; the demi-humans as classes came in with the Basic D&D release around 1980.  The original had the grouping you note, with the caveat that dwarves and halflings could only be fighting men, and elves chose to participate in each adventure as a fighting man or a magic user.  With Greyhawk, the multiclass rules for elves were introduced, as well as the thief (as you note). The thief could be of any race.  

But anyway, a human cleric (and we’ve been short of females) would round out the set, as you note. If you’re going for the classic look, hopefully a warrior cleric with heavy armor, mace and shield...

• Like 5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, alchemist said:

Now in Previews: 07013: Dungeon Dwellers: Orc Raiders (2)

07013_w_1.jpg

These are definitely nice looking orcs.  However, they’re slated for release on Nov. 19 (as per the news post) so they are probably not the December Dungeon Dwellers mini(s).

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
Made "as per the news post" a link to the post.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

These are definitely nice looking orcs.  However, they’re slated for release on Nov. 19 (as per the news post) so they are probably not the December Dungeon Dwellers mini(s).

I'm guessing that the December Dungeon Dweller will have the 07012 number. This one is likely to be an extra, like the reapercon Dwarf brewer.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

a human cleric (and we’ve been short of females) would round out the set, as you note. If you’re going for the classic look, hopefully a warrior cleric with heavy armor, mace and shield...

Agreed. I'd like to see something akin to a the Diablo 3 Crusader, with a smaller shield.

• Like 3