Dungeon of the Mad Mage

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to inspect the skeleton.  Any indication of who it was (dogtags, house markings, that sort of thing)?   Also - 

"Hey Dorn come here quick. I need your help." Finn points to the trigger to open the door. "Press right there..."

Too I slams his shoulder powerfully into the area of the door amd is rewarded with the sound of a pop!  That is followed by anotjer sound as his shoulder fits back in place.  No permenant damage seems

Posted Images

Three Successes, so three secrets learned.

Dorn-   Nestor's Fate: Halaster briught seven apprentices with him to Undermountain.  One of them, Nester, became a lich using spells and methods of his own devising.  But his process was flawed, and over time Nester's phylactery and body disintegrated until only his floating skull and skeletal arms remain.  Driven mad by his failure to achieve true lichdom, Nestor continues to haunt Undermountain in this weakened form.

Nephemon:  School of Magic:  Rumor has it that a wizard's academy has opened on one of Undermountain's levels.  It's is not know who runs this academy - perhaps one of Halaster's apprentices or the Mad Mage himself _but many mages have been drawn down to it.  What wizard wouldn't want to glimpse the powerful magic gathering dust in the depths of Undermountain.

Finn:  Guild of Many Eyes:  A thieves guild that was driven from Waterdeep long ago still lurks in Undermountain, waiting and schemeing to win back power in the city above.  These villains make the sewers unsafe for honest folk to venture into.  They have recently taken over Skullport, a subterranean town connected to Undermountain.

Upon being asked about a sign up sheet, Duran replies: "There isn't a sign up sheet to go down the well.  You pay me a dragon per head, and I'll lower you down one at a time.  the same fair will bring you back up if you get your fill of that deathtrap."

Overhearing this

"Deathtrap, eh? Anything's better than this dull campaign setting city. Who else would dare venture down with me and return with both riches and a starring role in an epic tale of might and heroism?"

OOC: I'm assuming a dragon head is a currency... What is it? A gold, a platinum, an electrum?

Edited by BlazingTornado
1 hour ago, BlazingTornado said:

Overhearing this

"Deathtrap, eh? Anything's better than this dull campaign setting city. Who else would dare venture down with me and return with both riches and a starring role in an epic tale of might and heroism?"

OOC: I'm assuming a dragon head is a currency... What is it? A gold, a platinum, an electrum?

A Dragon is a gold piece.  He charges a go per person lowered.

"Eh, it's been so long since I been down the Well.  The place changes, somethings are killed off and others take their place."  He looks deep in thought.

"Don't fight when you should talk.  Don't talk when you should run.  Don't run when you should fight.  Don't take anything for granted."

'Well Toki, since I owe you some gold, I'll head down. Not so much to gain wealth or renown, but rather to learn, explore and destroy any creatures that are despoiling the dwarven halls and sacred places below. Not that I have anything against coming back richer for it of course. But Dumathoin calls, and I must go."

Now that the tough looking dwarf wearing all the metal is going down....

"I was planning on going down myself to do some research, but my bow is less effective when I am surrounded.  If you do not mind, I would join your exploration.  Good barkeep, can you have me lowered down after the brave devotee of Dumathoin?"  The Librarian proffers a gold piece to Duran.

Obviously I need to get some gold for my own stage. This pub is lacking in the poetry reading series. Pays 1gp.

I dont really care whose in front. Send me whenever.

Just because I'm a good reader and performer doesn't mean I'm a good talker. You know ... for those moments we should be talking.

Edited by lexomatic

"Well it seems as if we have a party then." Dorn packs up his gear, finishes his ale and walks over to Durnan, whom he hands a dragon. Then he walks over to the well, turns around, raises his axe and says "Axe high friends, I go," before securing his axe and grabbing hold of the rope. Then, noticing all the commotion among the folks in the bar, he points at the halfling and says, "Finn, do not bet against us!" Then he looks at the barkeep "Durnan, lower me down."

4 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

"If we're being lowered one at a time, who goes first?"

"That WAS Dorn,"says Vin, as he picks up his things and walks over to grab the rope."Last one down pays everyone else's fare back up." He jumps over the edge as soon as Durnan gives him the ok. "Vindiiiiiiiiice!" He shouts on the way down.