Dungeon of the Mad Mage

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to inspect the skeleton.  Any indication of who it was (dogtags, house markings, that sort of thing)?   Also - 

"Hey Dorn come here quick. I need your help." Finn points to the trigger to open the door. "Press right there..."

Too I slams his shoulder powerfully into the area of the door amd is rewarded with the sound of a pop!  That is followed by anotjer sound as his shoulder fits back in place.  No permenant damage seems

Posted Images

6 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Toki charges the door and puts all his power in a shoulder tackle...

19+4 = 23

"Next time you want to do something stupid, Toki, let me give you some wise counsel first. You  may find it helpful, though I'm guessing you're in too much of a hurry.

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Neph' will try to determine what or who is trying to scrye on the party.

Arcana: +5, 18+5: TOTAL 23

*Vin casts guidance on Neph (+1d4)

"Well, like I said, they know we're  here now so we might as well get on with it. I suppose Finn could go first to look for traps and such, but he'll have to be backed up by Toki since he has the light. I can go third, followed by Brother Vindice, then Nephemon and Sithrandir brings up the rear. Or if the halls are wide enough we can go by twos. How does that sound?"

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

"Well, like I said, they know we're  here now so we might as well get on with it. I suppose Finn could go first to look for traps and such, but he'll have to be backed up by Toki since he has the light. I can go third, followed by Brother Vindice, then Nephemon and Sithrandir brings up the rear. Or if the halls are wide enough we can go by twos. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good."

If someone intends to do something like look for traps and it's all happening while I'm away, if someone asks for Vin's Guidance he will cast it when appropriate. Maybe Dilvish can mention if theres any acceptable way to do this (direct question and tag of me then adding the d4?)

The passge goes south, then turns to the west before jogging back to the north and opening into a long hall.

Bas-Reliefs. Every 10-foot section of wall has a 9-foot-high, 4-foot-wide, 3-inch-deep door-shaped recess containing a bas-relief carving of a demon. Each relief depicts a different kind of demon. A kenku skeleton lies on the floor, one of its thin arms pointing toward a bas-relief of a nalfeshnee demon on the south wall.

1248379904_2018-12-3120_58_16.thumb.jpg.1d4acb6ebabc55e569fd8ec4d2bae134.jpg

42 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The passge goes south, then turns to the west before jogging back to the north and opening into a long hall.

Bas-Reliefs. Every 10-foot section of wall has a 9-foot-high, 4-foot-wide, 3-inch-deep door-shaped recess containing a bas-relief carving of a demon. Each relief depicts a different kind of demon. A kenku skeleton lies on the floor, one of its thin arms pointing toward a bas-relief of a nalfeshnee demon on the south wall.

I'm going to take my mace out and bash the skeleton skull, and the face of every demon carving as we pass. Not wild swings, but calm, measured, and quiet (ish).
What type of roll to identify the demon types. Religion? I will guidance myself d20(15) +3(religion) +d4(4)=22

DMM1.JPG

"We should be on our guard. Foul things may be afoot."

Edited by lexomatic