Jump to content

Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane's Castle Triskelion PbP

Recommended Posts

Neo takes each bone out if the bag slowly and carefully inspects it and places it on the floor in a seemingly random location, all the while his is muttering to himself. Desmond sits down with his back to the wall and closes his eyes. Deuro stands at the door way watching the hall. Neo is about half way through assembling the bones when it becomes obvious to everyone watching that it is a human skeleton.  

You hear Neo mutter, Human, male, probably mid to late thirties. As he places the last bone in place, the skeleton glows slightly for a couple of seconds then stands up and just stands there 'looking' at Neo.  

You can hear voices drifting from down the hall. You can not make out what they are saying or even the language it is in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given nobody else seems inclined to try and deter Neo from his set course of action, Gayle sighs and watches him silently. She ponders how the seemingly random locations he places the bones might actually be exactly where they belong in the 'puzzle', and as the skeleton takes shape nods slightly, considering her suspicion confirmed.

 

When the skeleton animates, Gayle immediately switches into battle-ready stance, but when the thing seems to just stare at Neo, she refrains from lashing out, instead sighing again. Wonderful. The oracle has engaged in necromancy, and now apparently has an undead follower. They really need to have a good, long talk about that, except... what was Gayle to say? If she is right and Neo is an oracle, that's a gods-given gift, and if he feels it is okay to raise this skeleton... but unlife given to bones that should be at rest... she really needs some time for prayer,  to see if Kassandra will offer guidance... and...

 

Hearing the voices brings Gayle back to the hall. Holding sword and shield slightly relaxed, but still ready, she moves slowly in the direction the voices seem to come from. She's trying to make sure she'll be first to meet who or whatever is talking, looking prepared but not threatening, ready for parlay or violence as called for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juriel is going to ponder whether to try and turn that skeleton or not... He'll fiddle with his holy symbol and look over to the other party members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raising his eyebrow and glancing around at the rest of the group, Rolf will slide his axe back into his hand and start looking around the area again, concentrating on the hall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gayle reaches the hallway behind Deuro. The voices seem to be coming from both directions and getting closer. As the voices get closer it gets colder then the voices seem to pass through where you stand and then continue. When the voices pass through you shivers run up and down your spine. 


Desmond looks one way then the other and says, “This place is creepy. Are we sure this is a great idea? I know we gave our words, but …..”. He trails off and goes distance for a few seconds, “No, we continue.” He turns and goes back into the room where Neo is inspecting the skeleton. Which is now carrying the tent backpack. The weight of the tent, light as it is, still does not seem to bother the skeleton.  


Along with the sound of the wind howling outside of the castle, a new noise can be heard. It sounds like tiny pebbles hitting the window pains. You realize that it is the sound of sleet hitting the window pains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolf will move up to support Gayle if danger becomes evident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the voices pass, Gayle shakes her head in apparent disbelief, mumbling, "Restless spirits? That would be a bit much for this band..."

 

She looks back into the room, shaking her head again as she sees the most definitely restless bones assuming, apparently the role of pack mule. Gayle's gaze the fixes on Desmond as she says, "I agree, we must press on, Sir NuCastle. However, I really do think we need to pick up the pace a bit, so somebody will have to take charge and actually lead. By right, I ken the honor should fall to you, but I think we both realize it might be better if you kept close to your brother and had an eye on him. So please consider naming a proxy."

 

She then glances at Rolf, and suggests in a low voice, "While he does, perhaps you'd care to facilitate things by carefully scouting ahead just a wee bit further?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nodding to Gayle, Rolf will move slowly further down the hallway looking carefully at everything (or trying) with his axe held loose in his hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given all the spooks and undead, Juriel will follow shortly behind Rolf, his holy symbol at the ready in case anything needs turning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×