TGP

Getting to Know You :: December 2018 Edition

Welcome to Getting to Know You, December 2018 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 8:00 hours and 13:00 hours GMT (UK / Europe Time: some Zero Dark Thirty hour for US time zones)
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... (Or Talespinner, he started it.)
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday. 

December will begin ^ with such a question because the month begins on a Saturday. 

• Like 7

Question Dec. 1st: Are you going to send Christmas cards this year?

A. No, Ima Grinch

B. No, that’s old fashioned.

C. No, I went electronic ___ years ago.

D. Yes, always ::):

E. Yes, now that this Q has motivated me.

F. _____________________

(see below for detailed answer)

Weekend Quest until Dec. 2nd: Please show us the face of the cards you are sending out, or of one that you have already received...  what is a favorite Christmas card?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

Weekend Quest until Dec. 2nd: Please show us the face of the cards you are sending out, or of one that you have already received...  what is a favorite Christmas card?

C/ D.

I send out some real cards and some digital ones.

One of the cards I send out.

image.png.c115ce9fc0562acc81b77a0a36cdd3a3.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

D: It is down to just three or four cards; two going to my Sons with Christmas $s. 

I got this card & cookies from Glitterwolf. The ones I'm sending have yet to be purchased.

FSCN7155.thumb.JPG.ed295744e0fae0c7fe5762eacee40349.JPG

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

F. I always had left that to the Better Half and never picked up the habit when she passed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

A) Ima mean one! :lol:

Actually, I've tried over my years of adulting, but I usually forget until it's too late. I've even bought little boxes of cards (usually with owls on them), but still forgotten.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

B. I'm not usually one to send cards, but it's always nice to receive the Cthulhu ones from @knarthex. ::):

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

Mostly B for the first part; but my mother would tell you it’s A. I think it’s really a case of intending to, but getting caught short of time with whatever other activities occur. 

As for favorite card, my talented younger son draws cards each year. Mine from 2016 was this, riffing on my Bronze Age interests:

02A6B6C4-0B6C-478A-B396-AA7772515038.thumb.jpeg.eab590100ee87d9d863fe471b7fbec91.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

F. I have no friends. Only slightly joking. Never did send many cards and I've drifted away from the few people that I used to send to. All the ones I would send a card to I will see in person. The wife handled it for years but has slacked off too.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

I went electronic years ago, but recently got back into sending cards.  I'm part of a penpal group that still values the old ways. It's nice to receive a sentiment, even from a stranger.  I will post some later. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

D Always!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

Never sent a Christmas card in my life.

I don't think my family *ever* sent Christmas cards. Received a few, sure, but never sent any.

Closest thing to a genuine card is the Christmas tip to the paper boy/girl.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TGP said:

A. No, Ima Grinch

F. _____________________

I'm some sort of mix of A and B, it could be said.  Never really saw the point behind them, truth be told.  Parents send me one every year, usually with gift cards of varied values, and as of late, places I'll actually shop at. 

I've been tempted to send cards with my Secret Santa packages though.... 

Edit: biggest reason why though? Cards are expensive, most are at least $4 per card, and then it's another dollar on top of that to send the thing.. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8