Sign in to follow this  
NecroMancer

Blood Rage Digital

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/blood-rage-digital?ref=75cj7i

About

The legendary viking board game designed by Eric M. Lang and with art by Adrian Smith is being turned into a full-fledged digital game by Exozet!

For $15 the base Digital Viking pledge gets you a copy of the Blood Rage Digital game. This is a special price for backers, as the game will eventually retail for almost twice as much. The Digital game is expected to launch in December 2019, though backers will be able to get access to a Closed Beta much earlier than that. Find out more about the digital game further down the page. 

c790b00f67271b11de17b89571e32781_origina

If your focus is the analog Blood Rage board game, however, you may be interested in the special $60 Physical Viking Pledge, which gets you not only a free copy of the Blood Rage Digital game, just as explained above, but also a slew of Kickstarter Exclusive promos to use with the Blood Rage board game! This includes new versions of the 4 Monsters only available in the original Kickstarter campaign, the brand-new Stag Clan (including their Mystics and Sculpted Clan Tokens), and also 24 Cards to add a 5th Player into the board game! 

d392ffaeb839366b600cec20a8dd4ee8_origina

While the Blood Rage Digital game is set to launch in December 2019, the physical promo items are expected to be delivered to backers beforehand, around August 2019. 

• Like 2

Hm ... not interested in the digital game. What about the miniatures, let's see ...

- alternate sculpts of KSE exclusive nicely circumventing backer anger ... but those sculpts don't do much for me and they don't add much (if at all) to the game

- a new clan ... looks nice but ...

- I already have enough clans and even with that clan, only five players can play

- $60 plus probably $30 shipping ... that's simply too expensive in my opinion

- if no free stretch goals are added, I will find it easy to resist (... thank you CMON ...)

• Like 3

I actually like the sculpts for the new KSEs, I especially like the Giantess.  However, I agree that the price is too high to get me to bite.

I put in $1 for now.  Might just leave it there in case they do something radical like re-release all the first KS stuff during the pledge manager.  Don't really care about the digital game since I expect it will be $5 on Steam within a couple years after release.

• Like 3

What I like about this campaign:

- Garm

- Seer Troll

- Stag Clan (though there is no need for a 6th clan)

- Clan Tokens

The wolfwoman idea is great, but I don't really like the sculpt. Hate the giantess miniature and art. The golden gods are OK, maybe they will make nice statues for D&D, but I don't have much use for them as I already own the gods of Asgard expansion.

I'm on the fence, here's hoping for some nice SG along the way.

11 hours ago, Talae said:

This makes me tempted to sell off my original KS stuff...is that weird?

Because other people will appreciate how great the original Mountain Giant was compared to this rubbish new one or because you like some of the new sculpts?

53 minutes ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Because other people will appreciate how great the original Mountain Giant was compared to this rubbish new one or because you like some of the new sculpts?

Because I haven't played the game in forever and this KS has done nothing to increase my desire to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talae said:

Because I haven't played the game in forever and this KS has done nothing to increase my desire to play.

Gotcha. I haven't played it in quite a long time but it was very popular back when I did. I wouldn't mind revisiting it some time but those resculpts are pretty hideous. I do have friends abroad who'd enjoy the opportunity to play with me so the digital pledge option is rather attractive.

It's also a lot cheaper and doesn't have ugly resculpts.

This KS leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it does not endear CMON to me. It looks like a cheap cash-in. Some of the new sculpts are - in my opinion - atrocious. Looks like no stretch goals had been prepared - feels like "let's see how much we can milk the stupid cattle" ($90 for four monsters and a clan and shipping)!. The stretch goals they have now ... well ... nothing I could get enthusiastic about it. Maybe I'm simply not the target group, but to me it really felt like milking backers and after a certain amount of outrage backpedaling.

1 hour ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

This KS leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it does not endear CMON to me. It looks like a cheap cash-in. Some of the new sculpts are - in my opinion - atrocious. Looks like no stretch goals had been prepared - feels like "let's see how much we can milk the stupid cattle" ($90 for four monsters and a clan and shipping)!. The stretch goals they have now ... well ... nothing I could get enthusiastic about it. Maybe I'm simply not the target group, but to me it really felt like milking backers and after a certain amount of outrage backpedaling.

This. It is actually turning me off of the idea of CMON even further. I have never been super impressed with their thought processes on stuff, but this one almost feels underhanded.