Blood Rage Digital

NecroMancer

Recently there was a kickstarter run for a new virtual tabletop software that wasn't about letting you play the game so much as about streaming tutorials to mobile phones. Instructions on how to open the box, sort out all the components, organise things and set up to play your first game.

It was called Dized and it failed to get funded. The project creators claim to be relaunching the project in the future.

Given that, I really wouldn't be surprised if CMON blatantly noticed and jumped on the bandwagon, threw money at it and decided they'd rather do a virtual tabletop version as opposed to mobile phone tutorials.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/6/2018 at 12:19 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Recently there was a kickstarter run for a new virtual tabletop software that wasn't about letting you play the game so much as about streaming tutorials to mobile phones. Instructions on how to open the box, sort out all the components, organise things and set up to play your first game.

It was called Dized and it failed to get funded. The project creators claim to be relaunching the project in the future.

Given that, I really wouldn't be surprised if CMON blatantly noticed and jumped on the bandwagon, threw money at it and decided they'd rather do a virtual tabletop version as opposed to mobile phone tutorials.

It's pretty unlikely Dized had any part in this. I'm sure the motivation is almost entirely driven by what Asmodee has been doing with digitalizing their board games. You know, their main competitor?

As far as the physical items, there has been lots of pleading in the board game world for access to the original exclusives, particularly the 5th player expansion. Usually CMON answers that by throwing out a season 2 and buries people in so much game content that the old exclusives aren't really that important except to collector types. Blood Rage season 2 isn't really something that has a place, so this is a good way give people who missed the first kickstarter a chance at access to the exclusives.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, cmorse said:

It's pretty unlikely Dized had any part in this. I'm sure the motivation is almost entirely driven by what Asmodee has been doing with digitalizing their board games. You know, their main competitor?

You mean the people who dropped Hell Dorado like a lead balloon? Yeah. There's no love lost there.

1 hour ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

You mean the people who dropped Hell Dorado like a lead balloon? Yeah. There's no love lost there.

Personally I avoid the company too due to their pricing practices, but in terms of CMON's competition and companies who are doing big things with digital board games they are without a doubt at the top of both.

• Like 1

The general view on Dakkadakka also seems to be these minis are disappointing compared to the originals (except the new clan which is just as good but not better)

and I kind of feel that way too

If I hadn't been in on the first KS i'd probably thing differently just because they mean I'd be able to get the extra gameplay elements, but looking at it objectively I just don't think they look as nice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

The general view on Dakkadakka also seems to be these minis are disappointing compared to the originals (except the new clan which is just as good but not better)

As someone who backed the original campaign (but doesn't have a dakka dakka account) I'm highly inclined to agree. The new content seems to be mostly for the physical reward level but I wonder if it will also appear in the digital version of the game as well. Also I hope the digital version of the game does not sue the new sculpts for things that had better sculpts before - just because that would match the physical rewards backers of this campaign would be getting. The original sculpts for most of these stretch goals were better. The gods are the same sculpts as before.

Original Mountain Giant.

blood-rage-mountain-giant-kickstarter-special-kickstarter-game-accessory-cmon-limited-3489556824108_1024x1024@2x.jpg.0add9f5e286e6a36ffcdf484b6ff156c.jpg

IMG_8484.thumb.JPG.86d56d1c648b4d79d2273bb629ad0563.JPG

2be9e1ed3dca87c93189f7f993d35741--rage-blood.thumb.jpg.09334ef33bc06ca38668b77bc3a6abdd.jpg

I'm sorry but the new sculpt is not the same. It's not because she's a woman. It's because she's really skinny and doesn't have the same imposing body mass that the first giant has. The original Wolfman wasn't a very rgeat sculpt either so between it and the wolf-woman there's not much of a difference in terms of quality. The original Garm was pretty damned good as was the original Troll Seer. The original Jormungand was amazing as well. All those tendrils were a one piece casting. No assembly required. Just the base might have been separate & glued on at the factory. It could be dropped and nothing would break!

I really should paint some of my Blood Rage miniatures. None of these are my paint jobs but they show off the miniatures pretty well.

BloodRage4.thumb.jpg.7b399fde1b9651a9ffcb9fa5091c1ecf.jpgBloodRage2.thumb.jpg.4d014f2f6c132609dffbe8551c47f024.jpgBloodRage5.thumb.jpg.2ff620082729d261edb3c394fe608967.jpgBloodRage3.thumb.jpg.b3d73648f1f56b3824a7c38bfcd23659.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, Blood Rage minis are fantastic.  I think Blood Rage was the first board game where the Studio McVey quality really came through.  It is nice that the game rocks as well (although it plays very different from most miniatures board games).

On 12/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, cmorse said:

As far as the physical items, there has been lots of pleading in the board game world for access to the original exclusives, particularly the 5th player expansion. Usually CMON answers that by throwing out a season 2 and buries people in so much game content that the old exclusives aren't really that important except to collector types. Blood Rage season 2 isn't really something that has a place, so this is a good way give people who missed the first kickstarter a chance at access to the exclusives.

I don't really get what people have all been on about, really.  I mean, I think it has been super clear from the start what the CMON policy is (they're happily offering alternate sculpts for past exclusives, but they absolutely are not going to offer those old exclusive sculpts again).

Yeah- I think those old sculpts are on par to better than the new ones- although I do think that those three new monsters look really terrific.  Still, part of that is due to CMON not showing off the core box stuff as well as the stretch goals (larger pics and more angles on every stretch goal mini).  I think there's a good chance that the Wolfwoman looks better than the Wolfman, but it isn't easy to tell from the angle we have.

I think this campaign is a really good idea for Blood Rage fans that missed the original Kickstarter.  I think it is really interesting that all of the stretch goals are for physical components.  I think that makes the digital game more likely to succeed and fulfill.

Edited by odinsgrandson

This keeps getting better. it's rapidly becoming the new Confrontation kickstarter in terms of success on the digital front.

So the beta test has begun for the digital portion of the campaign's rewards (you know, the alleged reason why they ran the campaign in the first place, the main focus of the campaign). Emails have gone out to backers granting beta access. Not very many backers. There's a vocal majority wondering what on earth is going on and how CMON could be so "uncharacteristically" incompetent.

Who am I kidding. It's more like characteristically incompetent :p. They do seem to be making a right hash of this don't they?

• Like 2

Thanks for the update.

Matthias E Zeitler : "Cool game, but the AI is way too weak. Won twice with over hundred points difference playing against 4 of the difficult AI players." :lol:

KS projects I don't back -- and keep finding KS that confirm my decision:

* Computer games

* Product design

* Films

• Like 1