Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

Impact Miniatures Mariya & the Fighting Girlfriend

Got this out of Impact Miniatures last Kickstarter.  The master was 3D printed, and then it was produced via spincast resin.  Pretty much zero clean-up, although they use a pretty persistent mold release agent. I washed it with Dawn and scrubbed it pretty well.  Primed it with Badger Stylynresin and had a bunch of areas where it flaked off with the slightest touch.  Gave it another thorough bath & scrub and re-primed with Badger and this time it got a grip.  Base coat and initial highlights are Tamiya paints applied via airbrush.  Highlights and details are Reaper and Vallejo.  Then tried out some Secret Weapon and Mig pigments.    There's a spot near the back where you can tell it was a printed master because after i applied a wash it picked out the striations.  After highlights you can't really see it.  Some of the details lose crispness where parts merge i.e. the banding around the gas tanks isn't as sharply defined where it curves down in the back to meet the hull.  All in all it's a pretty nice piece!  First Chibi I've ever painted, and while I got inspiration from Odin's Chibi's for the eyes, I need a lot more practice to get them anywhere as nice as his!

Girlfriend_01.jpg

Girlfriend_02.jpg

Girlfriend_03.jpg

• Like 19

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      RocketPig Miniatures.
      3D printed on Elegoo Mars.

Necromera.
      Part of my Children of the Night Project.
      WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

It's night, it rains and it seems everybody in this forsaken town has closed their doors and windows.
      Even the Inn seems to be closed, why?
      One would think the villagers are afraid of something.

You hear the sound of wings in the dark sky above you.
      Suddenly you hear a soft voice:
      All alone in the dark? How nice!

You turn around and the last thing you see is the Necromera.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impactminiatures/chibi-pony-adventurers-miniatures-2-digital-stl-and-physical/

The Project

This is our 12th Chibi miniatures project. Over the last 5 years at conventions, our Pony Chibi from our previous KickStarters are always the most popular figures and we love hearing the happy sounds of people seeing them for the first time in the display cases. Now as technology has greatly changed we wanted to add new ponies and accessories to the model line and now offer them to everyone as digital models to print at home for yourself!

The Miniatures
      The digital models will be sent as STL one piece models within a month of the project ending. Models will be sent without supports (we will have a stretch goal to buy software and add supports to all the files).

Due to Stretch Goal #1, the ponies will also be provided with STLs for the different components of the models, so you can use a free product like Meshmixer to mix and match parts from the different models to create your own ponies.

In addition, if you want the models will be available as physical one piece 3-D prints as well in super high quality resin prints. Prints will be grey and will come with bases (as most are not free standing models)

The miniatures will come in two sizes. The base pony figures will normally be 30mm tall to the top of the figurine's head and a couple large pony figures will normally be 50mm tall to the top of the figurine's head (the Nightmare and Kirin are large ponies)

• By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iain-lovecraft/the-frost

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/rakshasa-madness

Story
      The Death Knight Rises
      To me there's only one true fallen paladin who, deceived by the darkest forces, broke his oath and became a paragon of hatred and terror. But, I am into classic TTRPGs, so I wanted to rethink the concept. Boris Woloszyn, amazing sculptor that he is, took over and has transformed this idea into a remarkable sets of miniatures.
        The Miniatures
      There are only two. The Minion is 32mm scale and the Fallen Paladin measures 40mm to the top of his head.They will get cast in the crispest of resins. They come unassembled and without bases. 
        The Paladin - doing a gentle spin
       PLAY The Minions
      The Pledge Levels
      There are two. Ones comes with only the Death Knight, the other comes with the Death Knight and two minions.
      The price for only the Death Knight is 15CA$, the set with 1 Death Knight and 2 minions is 35CA$ (less than 30US$). 
      Backerkit will charge max. 14CA$ for postage on top of that.
        Stretch Goals
      We have one and I will unlock it if we reach 10K.
        Add-On's
      We will open a backer kit pledge manager for those that want some extra minis, and we make sure to drop all the suitable Boris stuff in there too.

I want to give you a little preview what to expect in terms of add-on's.

There will be this well known lot sculpted by Boris. 10C$ each. (In case you want to top up to find out what 10K will bring)
      And there will be some 3D printed things (20 Microns, they paint like casts).

1. This lad and his little buddy, because dwarves and gobbos. 8CA$
      2. 3 Halflings on a rampage. 2 female 1 male, because. Also - kettle jump pack. The pacK of 3 plus 2 steam bases will be 20 C$
      I still have more to throw into the mix, but I need to re-watch that episode now.  

Thanks again!
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/signumgames/527267827?ref=3nzxlc&token=1a256880&mc_cid=28db65d226&mc_eid=abdb3f3c83

Story
        Signum Workshop is a division of Signum Games company that specializes in the creation of high-quality fantasy miniatures in STL format for self-printing.
      Signum Games have been creating and casting fantasy resin miniatures for several years, and our miniatures have a lot of admirers from all over the world. 3D printers are nowadays becoming more and more popular, therefore we decided to join the market and make our miniatures more accessible to you.
      The imagination of our artists and modellers have no borders, and sometimes there are just too many new characters (or variations of one character) for us to be able to cast all at once in resin. But we don't want new characters to just gather dust on the hard drive and wait for their time to come. After all, now we finally can share all our new products with you!
        All of our miniatures have 32mm scale, which was not a suitable scale for some board games. All our models in files will be pre-assembled and have an option of individual parts.
        You can learn all about the quality of our models and to print files simply by clicking on the link and download a free model!
          The Signum Workshop project is only at the very beginning of its journey, so we will be happy to see your support, questions, advice, and comments on Patreon! 
      By supporting us on Patreon, every month you will get access to a new set of STL files of our newest miniatures.
        Dear friends,
      this set introduces 4 factions that will appear on our Patreon in the future.
      You will meet Plague fighters from the far East, proud warriors from the hot South, harsh warriors from the cold North, and adventurers from the mountains of the West.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)