Mckenna35

Impact Miniatures Mariya & the Fighting Girlfriend

Got this out of Impact Miniatures last Kickstarter.  The master was 3D printed, and then it was produced via spincast resin.  Pretty much zero clean-up, although they use a pretty persistent mold release agent. I washed it with Dawn and scrubbed it pretty well.  Primed it with Badger Stylynresin and had a bunch of areas where it flaked off with the slightest touch.  Gave it another thorough bath & scrub and re-primed with Badger and this time it got a grip.  Base coat and initial highlights are Tamiya paints applied via airbrush.  Highlights and details are Reaper and Vallejo.  Then tried out some Secret Weapon and Mig pigments.    There's a spot near the back where you can tell it was a printed master because after i applied a wash it picked out the striations.  After highlights you can't really see it.  Some of the details lose crispness where parts merge i.e. the banding around the gas tanks isn't as sharply defined where it curves down in the back to meet the hull.  All in all it's a pretty nice piece!  First Chibi I've ever painted, and while I got inspiration from Odin's Chibi's for the eyes, I need a lot more practice to get them anywhere as nice as his!

Girlfriend_01.jpg

Girlfriend_02.jpg

Girlfriend_03.jpg

• Like 19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonminiatures/the-saga-of-belius-the-black/description
      Belius versus Angus and Branag  

Belius the Black is a giant with mysterious origins. We say about him  that it is the reincarnation of a god, or even,  the guardian of an ancient temple. In short, according to the babarian tribes of the North, it is a black legend  related to Bregan Lorelei’s great-grandfather.

Bélius is a 70 mm figurine sculpted by me, not counting my hours, in order to obtain the incarnation of the warrior of evil, chaos and destruction. The resin cast will be made by Mr Dès, former melter of  Rackham , a pledge of high quality. This project , a range of dark fantasy figurines, is important because I can create from A to Z what i want  while satisfying the fans of my work. 

Indeed,  I have been sculpting figurines for more than 20 years : First, for Rackham for 9 years and then for various freelance brands such as Mierce Miniatures,  Monolith with Conan, Mythic Battles and Claustrophobia which are successful  on Kickstarter.

The Kickstarter platform will allow me to finance the moulds for all the figurines, which are all my personal creations. Knowing that the fans of my work will be able to hold them in hand, paint them, or play with them in any kind of games is really a great pleasure for me. This first step is important because i imagine that these figurines are destined for a game in the future.

Belius is accompanied by two brothers, Angus and Branag (35mm): They are barbarians from northern tribes. They are elite soldiers ready to  do anything to protect their lands and the Elebore Forest from any intrusion in the name of their leader, the demigod Siegfried.

NEXT SG to come:3480€
      BAAL-Thus, 60mm of brutal force!   Shipping informations:
      The shipping costs are the same for all  pledges and for a number of  unlimited miniatures.
      France:7 euros
      UE:8 euros
      Rest of the world:10 euros
    • By Lidless Eye
      Hello,

Now that the Kickstarter project, Depths of Savage Atoll, from EC3D Designs, is through the funding phase, I thought I would share some of my painted examples of the FDM print tests.

All were done on an Ender-3 (mostly stock other than a mirror bed and a metal extruder replacement)

The group:

Merfolk:

Merrow:

Kraken Cultists:

Water Elementals:

Giant Octopus:

Deep Devils:

Shark Men:

And what Sea campaign would be complete without Pirates?

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831472366/corvus-corax-miniatures-clansmen-of-caer-loch?ref=hero_thanks

Corvus Corax Miniatures is a small hobby project created in 2013. Since then, three projects have successfully funded on Kickstarter and all have been fully delivered on time without any delays. The feedback from the backers have only been positive. Thanks to the support through Kickstarter, 17 miniatures have been made available.

The goal of this project is to raise funds for the production a total of four (4) miniatures for the Clansmen of Caer Loch. The miniatures will be cast in high quality, non-toxic resin. The scale of the miniatures is 35mm (measuring to the eyes in a standing, straight pose, although some characters may be slightly larger because they are supposed to be large characters).

You can also pick up the other Corvus Corax minis from previous projects as add ons

I've backed the previous projects and been very happy with the results
    • By Lidless Eye
      Among my most recently completed miniature works are some 3D printed terrain, from various sources.  All were printed on a Creality Ender 3.

First, some Gnome Homes from The Skyless Realms (EC3D)

A Mind Terror Summoning Circle from the same set:

I also needed a bunch of Cottages.  Here's the demo model from BSGMiniatures:

And two others from Thingiverse:

• By HiveFleetCerberus
      Drawing inspiration from an old blog post I read somewhere, two of my friends and I bought the Bones 4 core set and Dreadmere, setting up a draft and taking turns picking our favorite models. Here are the four Small World Heroes that I ended up with:
      Galladon:

Sophie:

Almaran:

Lysette:

All together:

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 83 Guests (See full list)