Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

Impact Miniatures Mariya & the Fighting Girlfriend

Got this out of Impact Miniatures last Kickstarter.  The master was 3D printed, and then it was produced via spincast resin.  Pretty much zero clean-up, although they use a pretty persistent mold release agent. I washed it with Dawn and scrubbed it pretty well.  Primed it with Badger Stylynresin and had a bunch of areas where it flaked off with the slightest touch.  Gave it another thorough bath & scrub and re-primed with Badger and this time it got a grip.  Base coat and initial highlights are Tamiya paints applied via airbrush.  Highlights and details are Reaper and Vallejo.  Then tried out some Secret Weapon and Mig pigments.    There's a spot near the back where you can tell it was a printed master because after i applied a wash it picked out the striations.  After highlights you can't really see it.  Some of the details lose crispness where parts merge i.e. the banding around the gas tanks isn't as sharply defined where it curves down in the back to meet the hull.  All in all it's a pretty nice piece!  First Chibi I've ever painted, and while I got inspiration from Odin's Chibi's for the eyes, I need a lot more practice to get them anywhere as nice as his!

Girlfriend_01.jpg

Girlfriend_02.jpg

Girlfriend_03.jpg

• Like 19

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      I finished this one a few months ago but forgot to post. It is a figure from Durgin Paint Forge's Second Government of Inneath Kickstarter. It was an interesting one to paint as some of the details were not really defined so it took some guess work to figure out what is what. Overall though, I am very happy with how he turned out, especially the wine bottle as I believe is is the first one that I have painted. 

• By Brindelwald Miniatures
      Hi everyone,

Firstly I´m pleasured to take part of this forumm . My name is Alvaro Gonzalez and Im a spanish miniatures sculptor, for last year I have been sculpting some miniatures and the time has come to pre lunch my first kickstarter campaign that I will launch in two weeks around.

This deal with 32mm scale (23mm tall to eyesline) resin fantasy miniatures for wargames, collectors and painting. It will be a small project of 9 dwarves miniatures.

It would be great having the support of this community for carrying on my brand.

You can keep posted about news in our facebook , I will post news every week.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Games-Toys/Brindelwald...
      instagram.com/brindelwaldminiatures/
      I show you a small sample. Thank you.

• By Brindelwald Miniatures
      Hi everyone!,

Now you can take a look the next kickstarter campaign that we are working in. We have widened choices including a dwarf unit and all Dwarf Lords of the Depths as stretchgoals unlocked.

Dont forget put your mail and click "Notify me" to keep an eye out about campaign progress and dont miss important offers.

Thank you!!

Preview. Work in progress

<removed commerce link>

I show you the drummer of unit.

• By Inarah
      By Velrock on Thingiverse.  I used a lighter winter color scheme for the pack.  I know they look all cute and fluffy but they are really vicious hunters.  I did these three as part of my July 4th holiday weekend Paint Binge. 

I used a combination of Secret Weapon bases and base inserts. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2126421571/harbour-life?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      Hello, we are the "Mystery Studio" team, we make high-quality collectible miniatures and terrain mostly on a 28-35mm scale.
      We always had few fantasy elements on the table. And we decided to create them ourselves. In this project, we present to you a large set of fantasy city port. At the moment, we have already made prototypes and first copies of almost all the miniatures, except for a few.
      All models are ready for production.
      We sincerely hope for your support, because the emergence of new, interesting projects depends on the success of this project.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)