A quick Valkyrie

Well, I've always wanted to do a Valkyrie. With the Sisters of the Blade blister, I finally got my chance. And you'll see me doing more and more innovative (at least to me it is) conversions in the future. Anyone remember Utgar??? ::D:

This was a quick type of conversion for me. I selected a pair of feathered wings, cut away the back hair so I had a flat back and the attachment part of the wings. Double pins were used to affix the wings to the back. After attaching the wings, I used green stuff to sculpt new and longer hair to cover over the wings and back. The entire mini was pinned thru cork (it'll be painted faux marble) and into a heavy Reaper metal slotted base. It was first primed via airbrush in black to seal, and then white...

The shield will be pinned separately to the left forearm after it is painted up. This is a case where the two need to be painted separately and then joined together once completely painted.

Anyway, just some idea for anyone looking to do something a bit different. She'll be painted up sometime next week... so keep an eye out!

post-26-1088019233.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the black primer, if it will be covered in white?

The black primer has a two-fold purpose... but it is based on my using an AIRBRUSH to prime.

1 - to make sure of total coverage of the metal. The metal shows thru REALLY well against the black if I miss a spot...

2 - it fills in any little inconsistencies better than the white does...

And it's also because I have a ton of little black bottles that need using... since I no longer really am a member of the "Cult of Black Primer"...

But I don't recommend doing this unless you are very careful or use an airbrush. As we all know, too much primer can ruin a good mini very quickly.

You...quit the Cult of the Black Primer? You know, the Cult is a lifetime deal, you can't just leave...Or one day they'll find you, flat on your face next to your desk, no marks upon your body but a black smudge on the back of your neck.

You might want to gather a few essentials and 'disappear' for a while. :ph34r:

You...quit the Cult of the Black Primer? You know, the Cult is a lifetime deal, you can't just leave...Or one day they'll find you, flat on your face next to your desk, no marks upon your body but a black smudge on the back of your neck.

You might want to gather a few essentials and 'disappear' for a while. :ph34r:

Well, I fear what Anne and Jen will do to me more than I fear the Cult...

They deprogrammed me pretty good!

But not to say I don't paint over black... but I'm now the Bi-Primer Jester... :lol: