Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: 3D Print Zombie Dragon

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

Beautiful! How much cleaning of ridges was required or do you have a printer that smooth? If so, what kind is it?

I used an Ender 3 that I have done some minor modifications to, and lots of calibrations.  I removed supports and filed slightly where they connected.

• Like 4

Thanks all!

23 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm getting more impressed by 3-d printed figures the more of them I see.

Nice paint job!

I can't believe the results I'm getting out of a ~$200 machine.  It does require constant calibration and maintenance, but from what I've seen, that's any machine (especially when it is going 24/7 like mine).  The real reason I went with the Ender-3 is the huge amount of support it has due to its sudden popularity (and price point).  There's even official profiles for the machine for the designs from this Kickstarter.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Venun
      My wife, @Shinma, started to paint the Clockwork Dragon several years ago. 
      It got to a point where the body was nearly done, and the wings and base remained.

We had prepared a big gear salvaged from a monitor stand, sanded down by a friend.

Then, inspiration and drive was lost and it sat on the shelf, staring at her, unfinished.

Recently she allowed me to finish it. I did the wings, small part of the body, along with the base.
      Here's our result!

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Vietnam Zombie with gun from Citadel Miniatures of old!

This was a limited release which was linked with both the Chainsaw Warrior board game & 40K Chaos.

Thanks for looking!

• By SparrowMarie
      Spent just about a week on this one. It was fun. My GS work sucks but it's done. C&C welcome.

• By Arutema
      Putting my new Photon through its paces printing some Heroforge sculpts.

The halfling operative is actually a mash-up of two Heroforge sculpts in Tinkercad. (Why can't Heroforge let you have just a single cyberarm?)

Didn't think to photograph her till I had the primer on:

The first print of the gnome solarion didn't have enough supports on the arm with the fireball, so after cleaning the resulting lump out of the vat and trying again with more supports, here she is, supports and all:

• By spitfire23bc
      I mostly modelled this off Michael Proctor's paint job, and used it as an exercise in learning to push contrast and glaze unlike colours. The photos make the colours seem to little more vibrant than they are in real life. Overall very pleased with the result!

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)