Lt. Coldfire

Early Snow, Female Witch from Dark Sword Miniatures

On 12/12/2018 at 6:19 PM, Redd Knekk said:

Beautiful! Did you texture the green cloak? If so, I’d appreciate some tips!!

Nothing special going on.  I just highlighted the robes then used some watered-down washes in the recess areas.  I think the green colors I chose just happened to work out very well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      I painted these three dark elves last week.  Always a popular subject.  Priestess of Lolth, Priest of Vhaerun, and a Paladin of Moradin. 

• By Geoff Davis
      In an unusual turn of events, I ended up painting the same miniature three times this week.  First one was for a customer who wanted the bard from Dark Sword Miniatures but without the pipe in his hand.  So it was replaced with a glowing musical note.  Red armour, blue clothes, yellow cloak.   While I was working on it, a different customer wanted the same bard but just a quick paint job for a sidekick NPC in his D&D game.  Of course, no pipe for the second bard either.  Brown armour, green cloak.  I think I spent more time on the base than painting him.  While I was working on the second one, the first customer decided he didn't like the colour scheme and could I change a couple of things.    No problem, I'm happy to do it.  But there is OSL and all kinds of other stuff, so it was actually much easier just to start again from scratch.  So I painted him a third time.  Red cloak, grey clothes. 

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      After well over a year of the Shelf of Incompleteness she is done! Part of the reason she hung around there that long is because she was the first figure in a long while that I wanted to extend higher than my usual tabletop level into display level and part of the way thru I hit a wall. In doing so I learned where my current limits are. This was also my first attempt at painting sheer clothing. Her hair came out better than expected considering this turned into a speed paint when I got back to her. 

The Witch of November mayhap?

Save a Broom, Ride a Pumpkin! 

One of the best faces I've done, although the flash makes it hard to see the subtle contrasts in the skin/lips. Which tends to be my main difficulty in painting pale skin is finding the right amount of contrast. 
    • By Bonnie Bailey
      I finally finished this project! This was a mini I got a forgotten number of years ago with an order during October. Being as this is a more modern vibe the first thing that came to my mind first is: Make her a neon Witch! This was such a joy to paint. It was my first real attempt at osl and sheer fabric. I used quite a few reaper paints but I will give you the main ones that pulled of the effects that I wanted. If you have other question feel free to ask and I will share with you what I used/did. 
      Dominant paints used:
      Punk rock pink 09286
      Marid blue 89526
      Clear magenta 09098
      Regal purple 09238
      Clear purple 09099
      Nightmare black 09280
      Fair skin 09047
      Dark elf skin 09164
      Pure black 09037
      Pure white 09039
      Let me know what you think!

• By NyarlaBcn
      Last year I painted Reaper's Halloween Knight with - I think - some success (you can check the mini on my Insta account, @albertnyarla); so I decided to start a tradition and pay hommage to my favourite festivity this year too. 

Here I went with one of my favourite horror tropes, the Witch, with this fantastic Witch Coven by Reaper, under the "Tree of Despair" from Bones IV, with a couple hommages to good horror movies. Had to refrain myself to include even more references to avoid getting it too crowded. 
      Overall, I'm happy with the outcome. It will mean everything (if you like it) to give it a like and maybe a follow on Instagram, it really helps with motivation ^^ 

• Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)