Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Hobby Holder 2 - The World's Most Versatile Painting Handle and Grip Returns!

4e4e095df90223047fdf3d913816125d_origina

The Hobby Holder is the only all-in-one mini holding solution and the most versatile painting handle and grip on the market.

And now it is better than ever with the addition of an injection molded Ergonomic Grip Mod and XL Stability Bar that seamlessly integrate with the original Hobby Holder!  

4da3bfb08584599abb792118ecdd146f_origina

Since our first campaign was a smash hit last year, the original Hobby Holder All-in-one Miniature Painting Handle and Grip (Patent Pending) by Game Envy has had a global impact on miniature painting with well over 4000 painters in 54 countries now using the Hobby Holder as part of their painting arsenal!

We have talked to hundreds of painters across the globe at conventions, online and in person, and we have listened to your wants and needs. Now we are back to add two new pieces to the Hobby Holder system: the Ergonomic Grip Mod for even greater control and comfort and the XL Stability Bar for more support with a wider range of miniature sizes. We are also adding more color to your desks with New Colors of the original Hobby Holder parts with a second production run!

Make painting more miniatures a New Years resolution!

02133c9c497b7e41cf4e152b8a9e0f3b_origina

The Hobby Holder is the World's Most Versatile, All-in-one Miniature Paint Handle And Grip 

The translucent blue parts are resin printed prototypes. The translucent blue parts are resin printed prototypes.

Attach Miniatures to the Hobby Holder with Standard 28mm Bottle Caps or Even Wine Corks for Pinning. 

Accepts 28mm plastic caps; Citadel ™ Paint Caps; Formula P3 paint caps; and 20mm wine cork. Accepts 28mm plastic caps; Citadel ™ Paint Caps; Formula P3 paint caps; and 20mm wine cork.

With the innovative bottle cap attachment method, just stick your miniatures, based or unbased, to a standard soda/water bottle cap with your favorite sticky stuff (we use Loctite Fun-tak, the best blue-tak on the market!) and you can quickly and easily screw them on and off without ever touching the miniature! Perfect for batch painting because you can switch even wet miniatures without smudging.

New Ergonomic Grip Mod Provides Even More Control and Comfort Tailored to How You Paint.

Clicked into the Ergonomic Grip rotate your mini 360 degrees easily with one hand! Clicked into the Ergonomic Grip rotate your mini 360 degrees easily with one hand!

The new Ergonomic Grip Mod gives even more support when attached to the bottom of the Hobby Holder Base and allows the use of the Stability Bar and Grip at the same time. Simply click in your Hobby Holder Base and start painting. The QuickClick design allows for Full 360 Degree Rotation of the Base with one hand while attached to the Grip Mod.

The Ergonomic Grip Mod is two pieces and can be taken apart and weighted if desired. It also has the option to add two standard nuts to screw in the original #6-32 bolt to lock down the Hobby Holder Base and now a 1/4" bolt to attach larger platforms if desired.

NEW XL Stability Bar Offers More Room For Larger Miniatures With the Same Superior Support.

6ff94d126a97583c627e84e8db53391a_origina

The New XL Stability Bar uses the same QuickClick design as the Standard Size Stability Bar and attaches right onto the Hobby Holder base in Upright or Grip modes.

The XL Stability Bar accommodates miniatures with up to 70mm bases with ease and the offset finger support design allows you to attach miniatures that are even taller than the bar itself. The angle of the XL Stability Bar has been adjusted slightly so that even with the taller profile it is comfortable and easy to use with large or small hands.

Ultimate Support, Brush Control and Comfort with the Original Stability Bar and NEW XL Stability Bar  

The stability bar rotates 360 degrees so you never have to let go of your miniatures. The stability bar rotates 360 degrees so you never have to let go of your miniatures.
Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I love this thing and I would love to back the project, but I find it a little too expensive (36$ for 4 parts: 76mm Handle, 56mm Handle, ergonomic one and the holder [32 early bid not so much difference]) for what it is! I know we are paying the idea and the design, but really! I think the fare price for that is no more than 15$ ...
Anyway, just my own opinion, i know i'm a damn stingy :lol:

I just can't bring myself to buy these.  Pill bottles and some white tack work just fine for me.  A used craft store in town sells old pill bottles for $.01 so I bought like 15 awhile ago so I can have figures queued up ready to paint.  I also have some extra sand I bought for basing that I poured into a few of them to give them some weight.  I don't really find myself resting the mini on my hand, aside from the occasional pinkie finger just to steady the brush.    

• Like 1

Oooooh, an XL version...  Definitely liking such, to say the least.  I've always wanted one of these (and planned on getting one soon anyways), and they look a lot more comfortable than pill bottles, or small dressing/snack plastic containers... 

I also love the easy quick swap bottle cap kind of thing. 

Odds are once I get home I'll be signing up for a pair of the XL ones, although if I can get most of the accessories that are on the site atm it's tempting to just put it all into one order and wait it out a bit longer.. 

• Like 2

The guide arm for steadying the brush is a good idea, but I’ve already several of the Citadel handles in the two sizes available so I think I’m good.

Plus this seems a bit pricey to me for what it is.

• Like 2

I only got 2 of them in the initial KS and I love them.. he refined them and got them to be really solid.  I don't feel like I'll break it if I press too hard on the arm, and the arm doesn't have a cap to pop off like the Rathcore does

• Like 3

I have way to many empty Tamiya paint cans  & old Pro Paints bottles that are perfect for mini holders. Nice design thou, I wish them success.

The ability to swap things on and off the holder has been a huge feature for me.  I used to have a little forest of minis on pill bottles, and even with weight in them they tended to topple over.  I grabbed an early bird slot so that I can get the new parts but if I am seized by frugality I might still drop it later.  

• Like 6

I have 2 of these from the first kickstarter. I also ordered two different grip handles from their web store a few months ago. I really like one of the handles. It's shaped just like the one in this project, only it isn't in two pieces. My holders and handles had to be screwed together. I highly recommend adding a handle to the base. It really is comfortable in the hand.

Between the Rathcore holder, the Rathcore grip, the Citadel holder, and the Hobby Holder with grip handle, the Rathcore grip is still my favorite, but the Hobby Holder with the handle is a close second. I do prefer how much easier it is to pop the bar off and on with the Hobby Holder.

• Like 3

What I like about the original is that you can use the handle as a hand rest to steady my brush tip. Many times I'll hold the base and rotate it slightly with my fingers while the side of my hand sits in the handle. This plus holding further back on my brush like Wappel has steadied my fine shadow line work.

I can't wait to get the larger one and try it with the grip. 

Edited by nakos
  • Like 5

I am most likely to get in on this as a Christmas present for myself. I missed out on the first one and I really like the finger/ brush rest idea . I was wanting the Rathcore holder, but the nice wood just seems too nice to get paint on. The plastic ones are easy to clean up when you get sloppy with the paint.

• Like 1

I don’t have any holder currently and have been using empty paint bottles, but I’d really like something like this to help steady my hand. I backed for the 2 piece option. :)

• Like 3