72moonglum

Shadowrun Hobgoblin from Ral Partha

All of your Shadowrun characters have been BEAUTIFULLY painted creations, but, for me, this Roguish Fellow is OUTSTANDING...it might be the metalwork. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

All of your Shadowrun characters have been BEAUTIFULLY painted creations, but, for me, this Roguish Fellow is OUTSTANDING...it might be the metalwork. VERY WELL DONE!

I wonder if it’s the metal work or do you just like the vibrant colors? I’ve admired your work for quite a while and you have so many pieces with strong, bold coloring!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

I wonder if it’s the metal work or do you just like the vibrant colors? I’ve admired your work for quite a while and you have so many pieces with strong, bold coloring!

The vibrant colors may very well be the attraction. You did a SPLENDID job utilizing a fine selection of colors.

• Like 2

Great, vibrant paint job, like all the SR figures you've painted. And I absolutely love this figure. I painted him up this past summer and he's known as "The Randall" in our group after a player who recently passed away. He had a big mohawk (alternately all green or in a rainbow pattern) back when we were all young and even had a Y-shaped scar on the side of his head where we accidentally ran him over with a van one night. Just like this miniature! Seeing your awesome paint job makes me think of him and laugh a little. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I'll add another vote to the great vibrant colors! Love his candy colored hair too - the skintone is really great as is the look of his weapons!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The vibrant colors may very well be the attraction. You did a SPLENDID job utilizing a fine selection of colors.

Thanks so much! Punk figures I’m finding out are kind of fun, either dark and silky and gothic or colorful as the rainbow!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Great, vibrant paint job, like all the SR figures you've painted. And I absolutely love this figure. I painted him up this past summer and he's known as "The Randall" in our group after a player who recently passed away. He had a big mohawk (alternately all green or in a rainbow pattern) back when we were all young and even had a Y-shaped scar on the side of his head where we accidentally ran him over with a van one night. Just like this miniature! Seeing your awesome paint job makes me think of him and laugh a little. Thanks. 

I actually have never played Shadowrun before, but I’m guessing it’s a fun milieu to hang out in. One of the things I like at least visually from the figures is their conception of technology. There are a lot of figures that have these big rectangle computers/keyboards that are kind of like laptops.

I’m glad I could bring back some fond science fiction role playing memories!

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

I'll add another vote to the great vibrant colors! Love his candy colored hair too - the skintone is really great as is the look of his weapons!

Thanks Iridil!  The weapons started out as ashen blue, then some soft blue, dark elf skin, then dark shadow (a dark brown), then dark elf shadow, and then finally black.  On top of the ashen blue to highlight I did rainy grey, then misty grey, then ghost white, then just white white.

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 1

Being a 90’s punk rocker, I love your SR punks so much! I’m gonna need a picture of the whole cast of Mad Max when you’re finished! Go bold or go home, GREAT JOB!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Redd Knekk said:

Being a 90’s punk rocker, I love your SR punks so much! I’m gonna need a picture of the whole cast of Mad Max when you’re finished! Go bold or go home, GREAT JOB!

I don’t know if I’ll ever get them all finished, but as I get those punks done I’ll always post them here!

• Like 2

I love it!

Awesome colours!

If you have another one like that, maybe paint an anarchy symbol or something like that on his jacket?

That mohawk is super!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love it!

Awesome colours!

If you have another one like that, maybe paint an anarchy symbol or something like that on his jacket?

That mohawk is super!

I’ve got lots more Shadowrun to paint and I hope at one point I dare to do some freehand!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

I’ve got lots more Shadowrun to paint and I hope at one point I dare to do some freehand!

A crude circle with an A through it in red is all it needs, it can be sloppy...since ...PUNK!

You can do eett!

• Like 2