Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I'm new here, been an off and on lurker over the years, and wanted to share some pictures most recently finished models.
Before I began, I was looking for ideas on how to decorate the models and a lot of the pictures that I found of these models I didn't think did them justice. So I looked at other treemen models. What I liked the most was using foliage and turf material to create "real" foliage instead of going with just painted metal.
I really enjoyed working on the models, it was a lot of firsts for me. The biggest one being water, I have seen a lot of videos about making water scenes and what not. Seeing the model with cattails on it I had to have it coming out of the water. I tried going for a wet dripping algae look. For a first attempt I think it did turned out pretty good. As far as the models go, I wasn't really thrilled with the appearance of the metal vines. So I created my own vines as well, which is another first. Quite fun but tedious and pleased with the look. Cattails were made from parts of floral wheat and tacky glue. Adding foliage to miniatures in general is a first for me as well, all the foliage was self made with colored sawdust and furniture foam. The only thing not made was static grass.
The water is Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and their Water Effects. I liked how easy it was and relatively mess free compared to the typical 2 part epoxy that I've seen.
After doing these minis I thought of something I am going to attempt on my other 6. I'm going to ditch the metal arms entirely and use floral wire as a support so I can then pose the vines however I want.
Lastly, these are going to be a part of my Elven Army and perhaps a start of a Forces of Nature Army for Kings Of War. So these aren't my first models. Just the ones I'm most satisfied with. If you have any suggestions, critiques, or questions let me know.
I've had this cthulhish model from Fenryll Miniatures for ages. I used to call it Kentucky Fried Cthulhu and tried to paint it 3 or 5 times and somehow never liked the effect. Paints on it probably weigh more than the miniature itself. It also lost one foot somewhere along the way.
I decided to recycle it for my new project, Swampstalkers, which is my army for the Kings of War game. One evening for painting, one for the base and here it is.
Here is another Mantic mini. This one a Necromancer. I’ll use him someday probably as a villain, but would love to use him as a PC if I get the chance.
BTW, my 7-year old came up with the color scheme. Here is my color sketch I made while she was describing the colors.
The gold armor tone is a bit flat on this guy. I should have used a slightly yellower shade for the midtone I think. Oh well. He’lol do for my purposes.
Also, I thought the shield would tilt tilt the other way when attached to his arm, so the shading is opposite what i think it should be.
Who's Online 30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)