Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

Kingdom Death Gorm

Started a new campaign and wanted to add in a few of the expansion monsters, namely the gorm, the flower knight and possibly the dungbeetle knight.  Well see how it goes but the first up was the gorm.  Just getting started on it but I wanted thoughts on its direction and if someone has thoughts on increasing the creepy factor.  I have noticed that the expansion monsters are a tad further down the rabbit hole than the main game.

The classic gorm is all black but I thought it lacked a certain punch so I changes the head using a baby picture I found and I'm working on blending it back to a greenish blue body.  Let me know if anyone has thoughts on what might increase its shock value.  

I'll add more pictures if people are interested as I go 

20181215_222627.thumb.jpg.4f9973d6054f95ebfe60820a8fcdd96a.jpg

20181215_222815.thumb.jpg.38658968dfeac37db66503840ecf69c3.jpg

• Like 11

This is pretty much the creepiest of the KD sculpts that is not NSFW as well.  At this point I've regulated it in my mind to light and colors when I'm Woking in it 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

This is pretty much the creepiest of the KD sculpts that is not NSFW as well.  At this point I've regulated it in my mind to light and colors when I'm Woking in it 

To be honest, I like the paintjob.

I can always appreciate that, no matter the subject.

But..I paint weird stuff, I'm fan of Undead and Chaos and monsters.

This thing? I have seen it and I will not paint it because it just freaks me out.

Personal thing I guess.

But if painted well, I will appreciate the work someone put into it.

• Like 3

Thanks GF. Revulsion is what I'm trying for here.::D:. Sounds like I succeeded for you at least.  I want the players to squirm when they have to make the choice to hunt this creature.

That said, most people paint it completely black and it doesn't carry the same shock value.  KD relies a lot on the fact that people are more disturbed by things that are not quite human, or near human, even More than alien horror.

• Like 3

That is one awesomely disturbing baby faced... Creature.. 

That looks like it could easily fit into one of the Five Nights At Freddy's games, doubly so sister location... 

• Like 1

The combination of the baby face with the split mouth is definitely disturbing! It's a really creative idea and if I were asked to fight it in a game I would certainly be shaken. I really love the way you've painted the eyes with those huge irises. It makes it more childlike with just the right touch of uncanny valley.

Edited by Fire_Eyes
  • Like 1

That is a Wrong Thing.

The color scheme is pushing it out of the Uncanny Valley and into the Uncanny Abyssal Trench. Nice work!

• Like 3

On 12/17/2018 at 12:57 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

That is one awesomely disturbing baby faced... Creature.. 

That looks like it could easily fit into one of the Five Nights At Freddy's games, doubly so sister location... 

Thanks WhiteWulfe!  I think Freddy's has outlets all over the kingdom Death region.  Now serving all monstrosities, we hire survivors for snacks...

On 12/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, Fire_Eyes said:

The combination of the baby face with the split mouth is definitely disturbing! It's a really creative idea and if I were asked to fight it in a game I would certainly be shaken. I really love the way you've painted the eyes with those huge irises. It makes it more childlike with just the right touch of uncanny valley.

This is the area i am shooting for.  The piece is pretty disturbing even unpainted, but i like to think i gave it that extra edge.  I will be working on it some more over the holidays, once i get all my obligations out of the way

On 12/17/2018 at 7:26 PM, Rigel said:

That is a Wrong Thing.

The color scheme is pushing it out of the Uncanny Valley and into the Uncanny Abyssal Trench. Nice work!

Thank you!  the uncanny abissal trench I hadn't thought of.  I like it though.  It's a piece that lets you consider why it's so creepy.

• Like 4

Ray's top 10 for adding more freaky

1. some cute orange freckles
  2. something painted at the end of the lure. Like an eye, hypnotic spiral or a fried egg
  3. Blood. buy a bottle of Blood for the Blood God and go to town.
  4. Adult make-up.
  5. Sparkles
  6. Rainbow tattoo on head
  7. My little pony cutie mark on butt
  8. Fingernails should have baby flesh tones with small painted screaming faces.
  9. Somebody should be on its back, ride the pony, mony mony.
  10. Kit bash a car model. Add some wheels, exhaust, tail pipes, paint some flames and you have a Weird-Ohs/ Weird wheels drag racer.

Vintage-Weird-Wheels-Sticker-13-Drag-On-

• Like 2

Oooooohhh... I like the cutie mark and the rainbow tattoo!

I need to try the freckles, I don't know if that will push in the right direction.  I like where your mind is at though.  I'll try some of these and post the results.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I built and used to have a dragon blaster hot wheels car... close as I came to 10 ::D:

• Like 2