Sign in to follow this  
DavePgh

Frozen Paint

I hear horror stories about people getting frozen bottles of paint. Is there any way to tell if the paint has been frozen prior to using it? I was concerned about this when I did my holiday paint order, but it was a little unseasonably warm the day they were delivered. What does frozen paint look like & is there a way to salvage it if it has been frozen?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I'm a fan of the Scale 75 paints, they have a new range called artist colors.
      The paint comes in tubes.

I wonder if anyone has tried these?
      You're thoughts on these?

• By UnreliableNarrator
      Hey! So I've been putting paint to minis for about two months, and I've yet to finish one up satisfactorily. So I thought I'd come here and ask y'all for some C&C for a struggling newbie.

The Tiefling is an NPC baddie for my DM, and I'm struggling trying to get more detail on his face. I tried adding highlights to his t-zone to make it less flat but getting detail in such a tiny space is driving me mad. I'm also not happy with the highlights on the tail. How do ppl do faces on minis without much detail to the sculpt? 

I've been struggling with transitions and blending/glazing. On the mouseling the transitions are supposed to be glazing but it just comes out more of a wash with a heavy load of pigment where it settles. I've tried wet blending, but I don't know how to get that on smaller or more detailed/textured areas.

I'm a lot happier with my skelly boys, and I'm going to try NMM on the swords. I'm wondering how to reduce the shininess on the varnish (the middle one). I'm using Vallejo matte varnish, but there are still reflections under light.

Thanks so much if you've read down all the way here! I know I've got a long way to go, so I'm looking forward to any and all C&C.

Edit: Cut this down to just the ones I'm not happy with, and need advice on.
    • By Inarah
      My husband and I run the Paint and Take table at a local convention, Recruits.  It's held at the high school, admission is free for all area students, games are child friendly, etc.  We get really good turnout.  The paint table is free for kids of all ages, even grownup kids, and it is funded entirely with donations.  All of the figures, all of the paint, water cups, brushes, etc come from the wonderful community we have here, from the internet, and from vendors.  It's typical for me to arrive early Saturday to set up and find one or more anonymous boxes of figures or paint waiting.  A couple of years ago at Reapercon folks helped fill a box with mouslings for me to give away.  I could not do this without the support I get from the painting and gaming community. 

So here is this year's class:

(BTW, if you got stuff in your Bones4 core that you do not want, find me at next year's Reapercon, I will see it goes to a good cause)

This is our table about ten minutes after setting up.  Busy the entire day. 

Some of the fine works of art created by the kids who participated.  They look forward to this all year. 

Got to pick up more baby dragons next year. I only had the one and it resulted in crying. :(  

More later, 
    • By stormbreach
      Warnings first, this image is linked for nudity.  I would like to ask for advice on this mini.  I might be finished or I might have to go back and paint her all over again.  I wanted her to look like bare wood, like raw lumber because she is part of the tree.  I wanted it to look kind of like she was the inside wood of the tree coming out through the bark but I think she ended up looking a little like regular skin.  So my question is does she look okay or should I paint her green instead to keep her from looking human?  Thanks for any advice you can offer.  Please also be advised, it isn't the best image but it gets the idea across.

https://imgur.com/a/5CNeff6
    • By Face_Rollan
      Good morning guys! 

Q: if buying one of the reaper core sets (108 bottle set), what's the main difference in them? 

I'm looking into buying a complete paint set. I've been doing a ton of research and have settled on a reaper core set (i already own several reaper paints and love them).  I know that everyone suggests a blend of several companies based on which has the best,  e.g. yellow,  or metallics. I just want to make it simple, buy a set and build from there. 

I'll mostly be painting 40k and privateer press models with some terrain and 3d prints mixed in (i have a cheapo set of acrylics from Michael's for large terrain and 3d prints).

I've also considered the Vallejo Model set, and Army Painter Mega Set.

Thanks in advance! 
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)