ChanSeal

3212. Iltheus, Young Mage.

What a perfect gangly hobbledehoy! Amazing job bringing out the personality and the folds of cloak and boot. Looks like his spellbook goes up to "Banish Pimples" and not far beyond. Marvelous work on a great sculpt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Young Spell Slinger is a SPLENDID miniature that I have overlooked until now. It is amazing how a BEAUTIFUL  paint job spotlights a piece.

I love your choice of colors as well. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Warlady said:

Love this guy - he has such personality, and his expression clearly says he knows he's up to his eyeballs in it!

Yeah he looks like he's in trouble but I'm pretty sure he and the Owl survives and grows up to be Amathor (DHL 2319).^_^

22 hours ago, Rigel said:

What a perfect gangly hobbledehoy! Amazing job bringing out the personality and the folds of cloak and boot. Looks like his spellbook goes up to "Banish Pimples" and not far beyond. Marvelous work on a great sculpt.

Ooo you've given me some inspiration. Next young guy/gal I paint, I'm gonna try adding pimples or freckles.

22 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I love the owl. Goes like: Hey, man - seriously?

3 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

The look on your owl’s face is perfect. Great job on this guy.

Well, it took me 3 tries to get the eyes right. I'm still not completely satisfied, but the paint was getting a wee bit thick.

Edited by ChanSeal
  • Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nervisfr
      hey guys,

here is a little conversion about the mercenary mage ; Leysynn.

The original magic staff has been removed for a simple one (more natural for my mage), made from needle and some wire mixed with glue. 
      The figurine was unbased and cut a little bit to be more mixable with my 28mm collection. So he lose his feet and the end of his long dress.

hope you like him

Cheers
      Eric
    • By aku-chan
      I thought people might enjoy watching me helplessly flailing about as I attempt to paint an exceptionally intricate mini.

This is Tzandi:-

She's one fourth of my Monkey King Gang.
      Made a little progress today:-

Painted her skin.
      This started as a base of Elf Flesh, was shaded with Flesh Wash and then highlighted with Elf Flesh and 1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh.
      She then got lips of 1:1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh/Warlord Purple, and dots of Brown Wash for eyes and between her lips.
      I had made a little bit of a mess painting her hands, so I went back over them carefully with Flesh Wash, just to give her separate fingers again.

I automatically started painting her bosom as skin before realising she's wearing a dress under her corset, so that will be painted over eventually. The next job is hair and her ridiculously tiny hair ribbons. 
    • By Adrift
      I tried making them similar, yet dissimilar in a variety of small ways.

They all have irregular freckles on the shoulders and upper arms, and I painted the horns light to dark, or dark to light.

• By Adrift
      Tre Manor is still working to fulfill his Warbands of the Dark Beyond across the pond, but I painted up the zombies to be a higher grade of zombie for my dnd game. I got the chaos bases at ReaperCon and wanted them to look like they were fueled with necrotic energy further powering the zombies!!

• By SGHawkins09
      This chaos toad was another one of my ReaperCon entries, this time in the Painter's category. As I had multiple entries in the category, only one was judged and this was not the one chosen. Even though it was not the one judged, it is one of my favorites that I have painted recently. It is a fantastic sculpt by @TaleSpinner with fun details like the shrunken head and turtle shell canteen. 

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)