Rigel

Nolzur's / WizKids Aasimar Fighter & Paladin; 77161, Bones Ghost King

The last ornament! This one a little more ambitious; a vignette showing perhaps an aspect of the Winter Solstice. The spirit of cold and death being checked. The days are getting longer again now. 

DSCN5141.thumb.JPG.f94fbf9b9b599a596d83d558d5003f76.JPGDSCN5142.thumb.JPG.08e86718be63a1bfd0cf9fff159fb268.JPGDSCN5143.thumb.JPG.09de0e8538b34d5842d0af3cc2d0c1ea.JPG

Here's the Ghost King, in shades of Ice Blue, Toxic Mist, Dark Sky, and Oozing Purple (w/Ushabti Bone).
DSCN5131.thumb.JPG.dd52d3fe88a660631db1a4ea77e82c6c.JPG

And our heavenly host!
DSCN5119.thumb.JPG.2f9591ed1f3457841e4076b0eba243fd.JPG DSCN5120.thumb.JPG.ed9dd1be9670fa1313582b9a7322722f.JPG DSCN5123.thumb.JPG.998e4454a949eacfc81243cc182f61d5.JPG DSCN5122.thumb.JPG.ffc5e4a1d936e93e49883443a6ca4044.JPG

• Like 18

Looks great, and I like the explanation. The solstice was yesterday and that has more than a few thousand years of significance to humans. Beautiful paint job and ensemble. I’m hoping I can churn one out next year.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Painted for a friend...

Kev!
    • By Rigel
      Just a simple pair of horrible spacebeasts frolicking in their native hellworld! 

I'll have to gloss up the molten bits of the base at some point. Any tips on lava bases I should be aware of?

In retrospect, I think the glowing mouths were inspired by the "gorilla-wolf motherbroccolers" from Attack the Block.

I do not know if the designers intended this, but the pair of them are in a perfect pose for Magma Wrasslin.'

• By Rigel
      It seems that scale creep is a very real thing! This is Nolzur's delightfully brutish and verdant Shambling Mound. For a Large creature it is very large indeed, easily the size of a tabletop-scale elephant or bigger, and extending way off a 2x2 base with its outstretched limb.

I put some straight-pin mushrooms on it, as I do. 

Here's a group shot with Reaper's beautiful Swamp Shambler and a WotC grab-bag Dryad and Needle Blight, for scale comparison. 
    • By Rigel
      Been working on this guy for a while; finished him (for a given value of "finished") a couple weeks ago but didn't take pics until recently. The sculpted beard wasn't doing it for me, so I added some reindeer moss. Glued on some tiny leaves that look like miniaturized burr oak leaves. His huckable boulder I'm using for other terrain. 

This is a big fella!

C&C welcome as always.
    • By Rigel
      A Marilith from the Nolzur's/ Wizkids series! My love of snake people has been documented previously ( http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82155-cascabelle-the-rattler-woman-02833-possibly-nsfw/ ), so I really couldn't resist. Tried to paint her underbelly as an Australian Red-Bellied Black Snake (venomous, of course), and the dorsal surfaces as a pale blue-grey variant of the North American Northern Red-Bellied Snake (non-venomous, of course). Inspiration pics are in the WIP thread here (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84087-rigels-to-do-list/&tab=comments#comment-1811168 )

Leather armor is always a challenge for me, but thanks to good advice from the forum I think it worked out.

Several different lighting schemes here: 

She also makes a guest appearance in my Heckfella post! 

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 145 Guests (See full list)