Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xiwo Xerase

77158: Arrius, Skeletal Warrior

Recommended Posts

Watching the Living Impaired Warrior's progression on your W.I.P. thread made a WONDERFUL miniature even more wonderful. He is a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. It all looks fantastic and I think my only criticism would be for the runes on the sword, I feel like they would benefit from just the slightest orange glow or reflectivity against the sword, given their prominence there with the color, they are another good opportunity for a little bell-and-whistle effect :-D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dave Foley said:

Very nice. It all looks fantastic and I think my only criticism would be for the runes on the sword, I feel like they would benefit from just the slightest orange glow or reflectivity against the sword, given their prominence there with the color, they are another good opportunity for a little bell-and-whistle effect :-D

I think this is a matter of taste.  Despite the runes themselves being raised on the mini, I personally felt they looked better if they were flush with the blade.  If they're flush with the blade, there shouldn't be any residual glow on the blade itself since they're glowing outward and constrained by the edge of the inset within the blade.

 

So given I'm trying to paint the runes as if they are flush with the blade, what have I missed that makes them appear to not be flush?

 

6 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Beautiful nmm on the armor. Suggestion: the armor reflects blues, yet there is no blue in the swords reflection to match it. 

Thanks!  Let me see if I understand this right: The armor itself is blue.  Any light reflecting off the armor onto the blade would therefore give the affected portion of the blade (mainly on the back-facing side of the sword due to how it's tilted and maybe on the lowered beveled edge on the front) a blue tinge.  Is this correct?  Similarly, there should be a gold/bronze tinge on the sword near the gold/bronze metal on his right shoulder, yes?

 

On 12/24/2018 at 5:23 PM, malefactus said:

Watching the Living Impaired Warrior's progression on your W.I.P. thread made a WONDERFUL miniature even more wonderful. He is a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks!  I'm proud of him.  I hope to do even better in the future.  (Maybe not with my next project though.  I want to do something simpler next and try to focus on improving my painting speed.  Otherwise I'll never put a dent in the 20's of 20's of minis I have.)

 

On 12/24/2018 at 7:36 PM, Darcstaar said:

Great job.  Definitely seems like a level up.

Thanks!  I think so too, compared to my last mini.

 

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome, love the armor!

Thanks!

 

2 hours ago, Gyar said:

Nice! 

Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, my brain would be expecting the to reflect similar colors in each other. Of course I wouldn't trust my brain and it looks bettet than my attempts at nmm.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not usually a fan of NMM, most of it looks like stone to my eyes. In this case though I love the blue-ish steel color you used and your color combinations work really nicely together. Very Cool.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 7:33 AM, KruleBear said:

Yup, my brain would be expecting the to reflect similar colors in each other. Of course I wouldn't trust my brain and it looks bettet than my attempts at nmm.

I think this makes sense.  I'll try to remember this when I next do NMM.

 

On 12/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, Iridil said:

This is really inspirational - so many well executed - my favorite part is the cloak and the lighting of the cloak. 

Thank you!

 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:56 PM, Mutilatedlips said:

I'm not usually a fan of NMM, most of it looks like stone to my eyes. In this case though I love the blue-ish steel color you used and your color combinations work really nicely together. Very Cool.

Thank you!  I think NMM is really sold by the contrast from light to dark.  I could understand it looking like stone if the contrast isn't there.

 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:57 PM, Cyradis said:

I think you leveled up a few times on this piece ::D:

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...