Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Geeky Holiday Swag 2018 Edition

8 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Based on my last couple of years of eBay experience with old Grenadier boxes, you might want to open that soon...I’ve found too many with corrosion/lead rot issues. I don’t think the foam was really intended to be archival. :blink:

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

I plan to. I plan to crack the box soon and immediately put a nice alkaline coat of acrylic primer on any that survive.

It’s the thought that counts, and I am touched by the thoughtfulness of the giver. If they turn out to have been ill-affected by age, well, I’ll deal.

Welp, looks like they are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS PRISTINE OLD CASTS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AchronalA/status/1078005388618940417

(Hmm. I don’t seem to quite have the hang of Twitter yet. That was supposed to be several connected Tweets. Oh well, the reveal is here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AchronalA/status/1078009215850029058  )

• Like 8

Brigid's two favorite presents this year - the Weebles Haunted House - she really seems to enjoy dropping Weebles through the trapdoor into the prison. (She's gonna be a GM!).

Errr, dropping the ghost through the trapdoor. (She's gonna run Ghostbusters!)

Her second favorite present was the box that the Weebles Haunted House came in.... ::P: (Well, boxes in general - she is fond of playing Turtle....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Mom and I traded minis and today we went to the art store for brushes. Raphaels and W&Ns! Score! Got her some files and greenstuff at a hobby shop too. 

Tonight she gets to level up with her first kolinsky brushes - a 0 and a 1 W&N. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Brigid's two favorite presents this year - the Weebles Haunted House

They still make Weebles?!?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

They still make Weebles?!?

Nope Yes*, - but we bought an antique, and then entrusted it to the capable hands of a two year old. ::):

We saw it at a yard sale, and had a discussion about Baby's First Dungeon Crawl. ::P:

We restored it as best we could - which wasn't hard, I don't think it had been played with much. (Which makes me sad - I cannot think of any happy reason that a child would not play with it, it is a wonderful toy.)

The ghost is apparently named Boo. (She already knows that is the noise ghosts make.)

The Auld Grump

* I had to look it up - they are still made, but now the features are molded on, not stickers or paint. Bandai also has a license for something called the Weebles Paw Patrol....

51M9Uacn7nL.jpg

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6

Berni got me a Book Dragon from Darksword. That is a LOT of metal, and may well be the last metal dragon I ever do... and of course, Darksword, being Darksword, threw in a bunch of freebies as well.

Another friend decided to go themed and I wound up with a Lost In Space T-shirt, book, and a scaled down Polar Lights Robot model kit.

And durn 'em, the FLGS held a half off sale, and I HAD to get the Firefly Adventures and Big Trouble in Little China games... and now I have far too many miniatures to paint before I go back to work... 

• Like 12

I don’t usually talk about work, but my fiancee and I are connected to the final destruction of chemical weapons. She picked up a water bottle for me on a recent trip and gave it to me for Christmas. One of the storage sites was selling them for a fundraiser, and it’s done up in the colors and markings of a VX nerve agent-filled 155mm  howitzer projectile.  Guess an odd sense of humor is needed in this business...

99EFE8A4-BA00-4740-B848-AC297D760CA6.thumb.jpeg.8866c1d20b1d909c2047964e1e27c2c9.jpeg

She also got me the journal cover at Gencon and has successfully kept it hidden since...

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 6