Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Lost Minis Wiki question, extra pieces in old set

So, as I mentioned, I was given a pristine old Grenadier set of Champions supervillains for Christmas.

On the cover is a little splash logo: “FREE Starter Scenario Game Aid and Figure Accessories”

The “Starter Scenario Game Aid” is just a folded piece of paper with a hex map on one side and some suggestions on the other.

But the “Figure Accessories” are two actual, substantial molded pieces: a pair of rockets and what I think is a hover-scooter.

You can see them in the middle row on the far right, between two figures, here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AchronalA/status/1078009215850029058

These two pieces are not pictured on the box art, nor are they listed in the set description.

They definitely go with the set. The box was sealed when I received it.

They are not mentioned nor shown on the Lost Minis Wiki page of the set: 

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Champions_(Grenadier)#4002_Super_Villains_Box_Set

Question: Should I document and upload pictures of these accessories to the wiki?

• Like 5

I would...

I've seen a couple of these sets for sale before, but never with the  "game aid and accessories"  included. Definitely worth doing if you feel like taking the time to do so.

Most of the time, when somebody finds a factory-sealed set they don't open it to confirm contents, so there are probably a fair number of sets floating around whose owners have no idea what the "game aid and accessories" are. Anyone with an open set most likely lost them long ago.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

I know for a fact that two of the action art boxes have unlisted parts not shown. If I had the ability I would update them.

• Like 2

After all, have you ever seen this information before opening the box and finding the Things? Information is so often lost because it wasn't "important". Random hover-scooter minis may have been lost to time and trash cans solely because nobody knew what they were. You can fix that.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, Pingo said:

So, as I mentioned, I was given a pristine old Grenadier set of Champions supervillains for Christmas.

On the cover is a little splash logo: “FREE Starter Scenario Game Aid and Figure Accessories”

The “Starter Scenario Game Aid” is just a folded piece of paper with a hex map on one side and some suggestions on the other.

But the “Figure Accessories” are two actual, substantial molded pieces: a pair of rockets and what I think is a hover-scooter.

You can see them in the middle row on the far right, between two figures, here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AchronalA/status/1078009215850029058

These two pieces are not pictured on the box art, nor are they listed in the set description.

They definitely go with the set. The box was sealed when I received it.

They are not mentioned nor shown on the Lost Minis Wiki page of the set: 

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Champions_(Grenadier)#4002_Super_Villains_Box_Set

Question: Should I document and upload pictures of these accessories to the wiki?

The additional items could have been added as either part of a limited time promotional campaign or as part of the requirements for sale through a national chain with enough buying power to require something extra in any sets sold through them.

As to a box being "sealed", if it's in clear plastic shrink wrap that may or may not be "factory original".  A lot of retailers would as a matter of policy run boxes through a shrink wrap machine even if the boxes were factory tape sealed as a loss prevention measure and to indicate if an item has been tampered with.

I'd definitely document the whole thing and post where appropriate.

GEM

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this