Sign in to follow this  
Rysith

77122: Tierdeleira (converted)

Very nice work on your conversion! The paint scheme is very unique, too.:winkthumbs:

Where are you in the hobby? Is the first figure you've ever converted?

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Very nice work on your conversion! The paint scheme is very unique, too.:winkthumbs:

I've been painting for a few years now, and feel like (at least for human-sized figures) I've got the basics of color choice and shading reasonably solid. This is my first conversion that required me to sculpt additional elements (rather than just sticking bits together), which I'm just starting out on. Also trying to get better at freehand of any sort, since I lack any 2d art training or skill.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rysith said:
11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've been painting for a few years now, and feel like (at least for human-sized figures) I've got the basics of color choice and shading reasonably solid. This is my first conversion that required me to sculpt additional elements (rather than just sticking bits together), which I'm just starting out on. Also trying to get better at freehand of any sort, since I lack any 2d art training or skill.

Ok.

I think you did a very good job. The sculpting looks good. The one area that you could improve on, you've already identified: the figures right hand (with the arrow). Definitely don't mess with it if you're happy with how it came out overall. On the next figure that you doing something like this with, make sure to very carefully trim the old weapon away completely. That little bit of handle in her hand is what makes it look a little wonky, at least to me.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ok.

I think you did a very good job. The sculpting looks good. The one area that you could improve on, you've already identified: the figures right hand (with the arrow). Definitely don't mess with it if you're happy with how it came out overall. On the next figure that you doing something like this with, make sure to very carefully trim the old weapon away completely. That little bit of handle in her hand is what makes it look a little wonky, at least to me.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely something that I will need to find the excuse to practice more on in the future.

• Like 1

She a BEAUTIFUL creation, IMAGINATIVELY converted & WONDERFULLY painted. Your color selection is OUTSTANDING, as imaginative as your conversion work . VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

This is very imaginative and well done - especially the cloak contrasting agians the browns of the rest of her cloths.

• Like 1

Wow!  I love that cloak!  It must have been a pain to paint but the result is dazzling. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 7:09 AM, Iridil said:

This is very imaginative and well done - especially the cloak contrasting agians the browns of the rest of her cloths.

Thank you! I was trying to keep everything other than the cloak in more muted colors so the cloak would pop better, glad that it seemed to work.

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Wow!  I love that cloak!  It must have been a pain to paint but the result is dazzling. 

It was honestly more fiddly detail than anything else - making sure that I hit each patch with each round of highlight, making sure that all the lining was happening properly, and so on. Probably only 4-5 hours of painting total, just one session.