Sign in to follow this  
Hyjynx

Adventure Sophie Done (finally)

I really like this.  The colors look washed out, like she's been out adventuring for a while.  The face is very well done.  The base work is quite evocative of a jungle.  Nicely done!

Thank you all for the kind comments. I actually just found 2 more of these on the web..... I think the next one will not have the wings and will be modded into a true Laura Croft mini

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      This one was for a facebook competition about color. The rules were, basically, don't worry about anything else but color. Do something different with color. I started with the idea of a dress palette of blue, teal, purple, and magenta. Once I had those colors in place, it was a matter of incorporating them in different areas of the model. I went with cotton candy roses and a galaxy print on the wings. The galaxy was a matter of stippling the dress colors (plus a bit of white) back and forth until the effect was convincing. Then I masked the body of the model and flicked a stiff brush at the wings to make star patterns. I then went back to the dress colors and stippling to blend them in a bit. This was a blast to paint, because I've never really done anything like this before.

• By Al Capwn
      As part of my goals for this year, one of them was to actually paint a Sophie - so here is my version of the 2017 ReaperCon Sophie. She was fun to paint, but was she fiddly to put together and I had to fight paint chipping all the way through. Next time I will remember to give the model a good wash before priming! You can click on the pictures for the larger versions, and one day I will invest in a tripod and get the exposure settings dialed in properly as well!

For those interested, the WIP thread is located over here.

• By Al Capwn
      So to wrap up one of my 2020 goals, I figured I would start on actually *gasp* painting a Sophie! I have no less than 3 in my stash, and I figured I would start practicing some concepts from all of my learning while I was at it..

I decided to pick the ReaperCon 2017 Sophie and since she has somewhat of an aquatic theme to her, I am going to shamelessly "borrow" some ideas from Disney...because why not...

I did my usual priming routine but -THIS TIME- I added an additional directional light to reinforce a direction.

Also, I have turned back to inks for some foundation work. This time incorporating Sepia, Orange, and Yellow for the wings. Glazing over the transitions established by the airbrush to set the initial values and tones.

I followed up by using Reaper Burgundy Wine, Tanned Flesh and Fair Skin for the skin tones, including a bit of FW White Ink to lighten up the brightest highlights. I used Kimera Kolors magenta + White Ink and hit her lips. I might come back with a bit brighter color to hit the lip gloss sheen.

I still need to work on blending the transitions between light and dark areas, and as well as obviously hit the arms and legs more.

I also wanted to capture "Ariel's" aqua-emerald eyes. and I am REALLY happy how they came up this time. It doesn't hurt that this sculpt did a very good job of sculpting the eye area. So super-duper zoom to see the tiny eyes.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting my first (and probably last) Sophie mini, Mermaid Sophie!

Got stuck on her wings so she sat unfinished for a long while, and I never did manage to give her non-googly eyes, but overall I think she turned out decent.

As always, and comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Maledrakh
      #160 Sophie the succubus is Reapers mascot of sorts, and has appeared in many versions up through the years. In this KS she has this model as the serving wench, and the Chibi one.
      Of the other three I have no idea about the backstory, if any. Maybe they are roleplaying characters of the Reaper staff or some such?

#160:

I went with the same red-purple skin I used on the Chibi version.  She is a demon after all.
      25mm base

From the Sophie's friends subset:

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)