DG Games Dark rituals

SamuraiJack

• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1900818244/dark-rituals-malleus-maleficarum?ref=discovery

About

c468f2f32dd4278fb1c3045e77db73dc_origina

As the many planes of existence turn and churn, occasionally worlds come into alignment. For brief moments in the multiverse’s timescale, these Conjunctions allow objects to slip from one world to another, sometimes unnoticed, sometimes causing chaos.

Dark Rituals: Malleus Maleficarum is the next exciting miniatures based game from DG Games Entertainment. Dark Rituals is an asymmetric “One vs Many” game for 2 to 5 players, with a solo mode.  A small band of Heroes defends villagers from a coven of Witches. One player, the Witch Master, controls the Legion of Darkness. With two players, the second player plays the Heroes in a strictly competitive game and up to three more players may join in, each taking a Hero to help battle the Witch Master. A solo mode is also available, where the Witch Master battles game-controlled Heroes. 

172fcc898a2d2f330ce84761f9ea4b42_origina

You can choose between two Early Bird Pledges in the first 48 hours of this project. Both pledges contain an Early Bird bonus, a playable KS Exclusive Hero, the Swordsman. After the EB period, backers will be able to get The Swordsman as a $10 Add-On.

7155a103c9eb52f0844b83fd1ef95d38_origina
cdbe293087bd724dc05dd61052044a62_origina
e5a4978b9bd6102012785c52ee01a54a_origina
b5e1aefaa9b12a92445347f67158f4f1_origina
60cb4e9172e3d33d3babdcb645a80822_origina
0683dc36aefd18bb5055e84a6d94e63d_origina

The Swordsman will be available as a $10 Add-On after the 48 Hour Early Bird period expires.

Edited by SamuraiJack

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1900818244/dark-rituals-malleus-maleficarum/description

Not sure about it. Some great minis, but some I don't like. $100 / $145 price point plus about $30 shipping is also a bit expensive for my taste (yeah, it contains a lot of mins - but if I do not like a number of them, it gets difficult to justify).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Me too. I thought Swordsman needed to pee. But further inspection, perhaps not. That viewing angle though, geez!

He's probably knackered from all those crossovers he's currently doing. In all honesty the Brother Vinni sculpt does him much better justice at the moment. Don't go to Brother Vinni's website. It's not safe for work.

Monster-Hunter-Brother-Vinni.jpg.ed68ed0339577740845b74c752d2d7d8.jpg

Monster-Hunter-Alt-Brother-Vinni.jpg.7cdaf336cc9462319162d3847115f61f.jpg

I mean, if I look at the steam page for the latest Soul Caliber game the official screenshots all feature him, so much that I wonder why he's even in the game. Apparently he's breaking in to other games as well and other miniature companies (Elladan miniature and now Brother Vinni too - there was a really good one from ArtelW but they discontinued it before I found out the miniature even existed).

Personally I find it interesting that this character is suddenly involved in so many crossovers. It's almost as if a certain company wanted to draw attention to themselves for their upcoming Cyberpunk game. I understand and appreciate that the character is popular but when everyone's using the same character it begins to look unimaginative when they could have made up other characters of their own to use instead.

Moving on to the Dark Rituals Boardgame I must admit to jumping in early. I'm very tempted by a lot of the sculpts. I'm going to delve into the gameplay to see how much it appeals to me.  A lot of those monsters and witches could be part of a Nightstalker army (or warband for Vanguard) and it's always fun to have miniatures that I can sue in more than one game. Not sure I'll go the distance 'though and I can always drop out before the deadline if need be.

• Like 3

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1900818244/dark-rituals-malleus-maleficarum

Only 6 Hours Left to get your copy of Dark Rituals: Malleus Maleficarum tabletop miniature game! 

With Over 55 Stretch Goals unlocked + more still to come, 10 Social Goals unlocked, 2 Expansions, and 9 Add-Ons, this is one Kickstarter deal you don't want to miss!

As of right now there's over 130 miniatures you can get your hands on!

Edited by Kyle the Wanderer