Sign in to follow this  
paintybeard

Unreadable fiction

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

Leonard Nimoy had one of those voices like Morgan Freeman's, where you can just listen to them say whatever and it feels soothing. And, surprising no one, Mr. Nimoy did more than a few poetry readings.

Aside from how incredibly trippy it was, his bilbo baggins song was pretty fun. He had a nice voice for singing too.

• Like 2

I find R. A. Salvatore's unbridled use of melodrama so off-putting, I've never managed to get completely through one of his books. Honestly, any of the "Hey, that was an awesome D&D game! Let's write a novel about it!" authors are almost painful to read (I'm looking at you, Weis and Hickman).

And yes, reading Moby Dick is like taking a beating. It's just so weird to read...

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crosslances/the-scenic-library-3d-printable

"Crosslances is an artistic reality consolidated for many years, we have dedicated ourselves very often to model making and playing miniatures in 28/32mm scale.
      This time, however, we want to launch a completely different project, an absolute novelty, our original idea.
      In fact, we want to make available to you these fantastic sculptures of ours, which can be printed directly at home, painted and placed inside your bookshelves to obtain stunning effects!"

• By GodOfCheese
      This miniature had some DRAMA associated with it.

I painted her for quite a while, and then she went into a kind of miniature limbo in which I just couldn't stand any color on the sculpt.  Finally I ended up dunking her in the Simple Green and leaving her there for a week.  The paint came off, but strangely the bones sculpt was dyed a strange orange color and its texture changed.  It got really, really soft... almost floppy.

...but eventually I got the fig to take a brown basecoat, and the rest of the painting process went off without much of a hitch, except the OSL.  The figure was so weirdly soft that drybrushing made it wobble.  So her OSL is a lot lighter than I would have hoped.

Anyway, here she is :-)

• By Kev!
      Howdy

I like, big, books and I will not lie...

Read 'em and weep,
      Kev!
    • By Inarah
      Sophie at the Well of Lost Memories was my RC 2019 entry.  I posed her on a sculpted base, reading through a stack of old diaries and journals written by those who have gone before us.  She earned a bronze award. 

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Librarian, a pleasantly sinister and unassuming character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Neil Gaiman.

Comments et alia welcome, natch. WIP thread here.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)