Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Hackmaster/Ral Partha Hobgoblins-lots of pictures

These are amazing!  I think you got them just right.  They have such personality, and the blue noses are a great touch.  Perhaps they are all from the Blue Nose Clan, who are known to be quite fierce fighters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arc 724 said:

Very well done! A lot of expression in these miniatures. It really brings them to life.

Thanks much! Yes, I really like this set because they are all hobgoblins of course, but each one has its own unique style, personality, and body type. You've got the lithe one with the sword, the chubbier, older one with the axe overhead, and then the more muscular two in action. 

1 hour ago, Warlady said:

These are amazing!  I think you got them just right.  They have such personality, and the blue noses are a great touch.  Perhaps they are all from the Blue Nose Clan, who are known to be quite fierce fighters.

Yes, the Blue Nose Clan, certainly not to be trifled with.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love that skintone and the armor is excellent!

Great job!

Thanks Glitterwolf, hopefully the armor gives off a "yes I'm metal but not very shiny because my owner doesn't take care of me too well" vibe. That's what I was going for.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, robinh said:

nice

I would add some brownish red rust stains to the Armour to help  sell the uncared for look.

Believe it or not, there's Already some there, probably just not enough. 

They are a WONDERFUL collection of BEAUTIFULLY painted Hooligans. Each one has an unique personality. 

I love the skin tones & your metalwork. The basing is SPLENDIDVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightwing said:

I love the distinctive noses!  Imma steal that idea if you don’t mind...!

Don't worry, you wouldn't be stealing it from me,  as per the grand old Monster Manual:  " Their faces are bright red-orange to red.  Large males will have blue-red noses".

So if anybody you'd be stealing it from Gary Gygax, not me!

1 hour ago, Cindy H said:

Those are great and very well painted!  Nice job :)

Thank you very much Cindy!

16 minutes ago, malefactus said:

They are a WONDERFUL collection of BEAUTIFULLY painted Hooligans. Each one has an unique personality. 

I love the skin tones & your metalwork. The basing is SPLENDIDVERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus!  I hate to say it but the basing is my least favorite part of doing miniatures.  It's just painted corn meal and then some static grass on the places I didn't actually put corn meal.  In the good old, pre-internet days, I used to never base my miniatures, but I saw how it makes things look so much nicer, so jumped on the basing bandwagons.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

These are beautifully done.

Thanks Red Knekk, really appreciate it.  I think however I'm suffering from a Hobgoblin overdose, so no idea when you might see another one of these fine orange fellows. I do have my plan to do a "Goblins of the Rainbow" or "Goblins of Benneton" series, but that's another one of those plans I just have to find time for.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Red Knekk, really appreciate it.  I think however I'm suffering from a Hobgoblin overdose, so no idea when you might see another one of these fine orange fellows. I do have my plan to do a "Goblins of the Rainbow" or "Goblins of Benneton" series, but that's another one of those plans I just have to find time for.

Yeah I’ve been slowing down myself. I really like the orange tones, though I’ve never painted skin that color myself. I’ve done rainbow dwarf, so I’d like to see a goblin equivalent :)

• Like 1