Reaper Ron

Announcing Reaper Bones Black!

14 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

All Expansions (Dreadmere, Darkreach, Chronoscope, Lost Valley, Fan Favorites) are all in Bones Black. About half the Options are too. Give or take.

Dungeon Dwellers will continue as a metal line in 2019, but it won't be the free promotional line. The new promotional line for 2019 will be announced tomorrow. Can you guess what that's gong to be? ::D:

CAV Kickstarter Please!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ced1106 said:

What criteria are you using for a miniature to be in black or white plastic?

Just to clarify. Reaper has stated the Bones Black minis will be a grey plastic, not black.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

•    Always in Stock – Reaper Bones Black models won’t go out of stock and can always be reordered. You’ve got the demand. We’ve got the supply.

Are these being produced at the factory in Texas, then? 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Are these being produced at the factory in Texas, then? 

I asked ReaperRon the same question earlier on Facebook. I’ve quoted his reply below:

”Read it more like once we start making it, it will always be available. It won't come out in a Wave and then no longer be available. “

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I asked ReaperRon the same question earlier on Facebook. I’ve quoted his reply below:

”Read it more like once we start making it, it will always be available. It won't come out in a Wave and then no longer be available. “

That seems like something that should be edited into the base post. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

Dungeon Dwellers will continue as a metal line in 2019, but it won't be the free promotional line. The new promotional line for 2019 will be announced tomorrow. Can you guess what that's gong to be? ::D:

Definitely glad to hear the line will continue!  My next order will probably include the two sets of orcs that were released alongside the monthly ones, and if it's more minis full of character like those oh my, I look forward to them ^_^

Since Corsair beat me to guessing CAV minis I'll instead say my guess is a dragon hatchling within a horde of fireworks of varying sizes!  (I was going to go with "on a cupcake" but that seems more like a February thing)  ... Or wielding a decently sized one in a cute, but menacing "bring it on, new year!" kind of manner! 

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

CAV Kickstarter Please!

I will however second this.  Would be downright epic to have CAV minis sneak their way into things, or at minimum have all the new stuff in Bones Black! (with KS1 and KS2 eventually being brought in to the Bones Black family) 

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if many, or any of the normal Bones or CAV sculpts will get redone in Bones black. It sounds like making these requires purpose-built molds to cast them in the new material. They may remake a few, but Reaper has said that they prefer coming out with new sculpts, over remaking old ones. I 100% don't know a thing. Just taking them at their word on this stuff.

It also sounds like Reaper might stick with the original Bones material for the really large sculpts. It works for most of the big ones already. Guessing they might end up with a bit more grey in the mix. Only Reaper knows. It sounded that way in the live streams. Seems like a solid plan.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

The new promotional line for 2019 will be announced tomorrow. Can you guess what that's gong to be? ::D:

I can, because the first model for it was announced a Reaper Youtube video ;-) 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, undel said:

I can, because the first model for it was announced a Reaper Youtube video ;-) 

I think I missed that. Unless it was the Pathfinder chibis. Whenever they come out, those will be an instant buy, cause cute! ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

CAV Kickstarter Please!

Reaper does not produce the CAV Line. Talon Games does.

Bones Black is a Reaper Line, not a Talon Games Line.

You will need to direct any CAV Kickstarter Questions to Talon Games, not to Reaper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ladystorm said:

Reaper does not produce the CAV Line. Talon Games does.

Bones Black is a Reaper Line, not a Talon Games Line.

You will need to direct any CAV Kickstarter Questions to Talon Games, not to Reaper.

Awwwww, rats! :)

I see from the Previews section a "Bones Black Owlbear." Looks really nice, makes me somewhat sad that I got an extra during Bones 4 of the other sculpt, since 2 different sculpts are better than two monsters with the same one, but I may have to get this new guy. He is listed as being $7.99.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I see from the Previews section a "Bones Black Owlbear." Looks really nice, makes me somewhat sad that I got an extra during Bones 4 of the other sculpt, since 2 different sculpts are better than two monsters with the same one, but I may have to get this new guy. He is listed as being $7.99.

Mmmh... is "Bones Black, Owlbear" or "Bones, Black Owlbear"??? :blink: