Paedia paints Trista, the White Wolf

paedia

Session 2 of Gold NMM work; got a good bit of the front almost there.

I tried out Glitterwolf's suggestion for the wolf's nose and I think it works really well! Thank you for the suggestion.

8-front-1.thumb.jpg.1d2cebc0cc3cec91def1e6cce90e9163.jpg8-front-2.thumb.jpg.78dc9dc54c9748e0889baae4ddfae333.jpg

Edited by paedia
  • Like 17

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More Gold work on the sword hilt and back.

Until now, I had never used my Russet Brown, but I have been really impressed with it in my NMM Gold. I was using NMM Gold Shadow (09301), but I prefer the soft warmth of the Russet Brown. Still really dig the rest of the NMM Gold triad, though.

9-front.thumb.jpg.705977b2e5f57e5d401793068ff64527.jpg9-back.thumb.jpg.100175ed77fb08fb193796f360e8fe82.jpg

• Like 16

Finished up the gold work. Now on to the skirt/loincloth/totally-not-sure-if-has-special-name part. This is my first time using the vivid blues triad (Ritterlich Blue, Brilliant Blue, and Cyan Blue). I am really digging them. Out of the bottle, they seem to be a little more translucent, making for some easy blending. I did end up adding in some sky blue and LED blue for the highlight (I think I put both on my palette and just sort of used a little of both. Shadows are currently a bit of Burgundy Wine mixed with Ritterlich and then I put down some Corporeal Shadow. Now sure which I will end up going with. Thoughts?

MVIMG_20190123_234131.thumb.jpg.fa151451a4d9cfd522dc0a0dbcc28060.jpg

• Like 14

Tabard and skirt done. I tried out a little bit of damask effect on the hem of the skirt. I think I will try the effect on a full cape on an upcoming figure.

I tried out some runic symbol freehand on the shield and completed most of the leather work.

Final steps are some NMM that I missed, amber gem for the wolf eyes, shading on back of the shield, runic glow effect, and final leather cleanup.

10-front.thumb.jpg.d9314a8e9b0238c75778f69a71d61c3b.jpg10-back.thumb.jpg.f471ca18c3e386e86373b815054372e7.jpg

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like it!

Give her a show off!!!

Thank you. I most certainly will (as soon as she is based).

20 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

She looks great!  Thanks for sharing what the blue paints are, I think they're going in my shopping cart!  

Thanks! You are most welcome for the colors. I did forget to note that I used some 09018: Sky Blue in the highlight - I couldn't see too much of a tonal difference between Brilliant Blue and Cyan Blue.

• Like 2