Narthoks the Excellent by Bears Head Miniatures.

Darsc Zacal

From tonight’s update fulfilment has started, except for orders waiting on the sci-fi version to be finished.

From the comments section at least one backer has received his shipment.

Hi backers,

Were now into the final leg of the Kickstarter process. I've been busy moulding, casting and sculpting the various versions of Narthoks and were starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

I've shipped three lot of packages over the last week, so hopefully some of you have already received your miniatures or have a postage notification.

When your order is pcked you will receive a notification by email that your package has shipped. This is actually the last part of my packing process, the package may not ship until a day or so later, when I take a pile of packages to the Post Office.

Sci-fi Narthoks still needs one more gun finishing, that's  the version that needs the fewest casts and will only take a couple of days to complete the casting. His head is already cast, just his tentacle section, which  I'll try and complete this week.

I'm glad to report that the Sci-fi head is also compatible with the bartender tentacles, for a sci-fi bartender. 

So were almost done and set for everything to be posted out by the end of March.

Thanks again for all your support and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of him out in the wild. Now it's back to packing for a few hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Narthoks today. I went for the bartender, and he looks fantastic. Lots of personality and a good size. I was a little surprised that the legs are all one piece, though looking back it should have been obvious. Assembly will be a breeze as a result. Another great Bears Head KS (I also backed the Gallery Series KS), delivered on time.

• Like 3

My bartender Narthoks arrived. He is a most delightful sculpt and I love him. That said, he does have considerable flash and some air bubbles in the resin in a few spots. Nothing that a little greenstuff can't fix. 

I love him so much that I'm going to set him up as the bartender who got stuck in a minor accident in the basement of the wizard's tower in my D&D world. Now he keeps slinging drinks, and can keep eyes on everyone! I already painted the Bones bartop for him to float behind ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Today’s update states there were issues with casting the sci-fi version which has delayed about 70 orders, including mine. 

Two other things were mentioned. Future resin minis casting will be outsourced. I’m going to post on the kickstarter that he seriously considers the resin caster Oathsworn is using. That was some of the best cast resin minis I have seen.

The other thing mentioned by the project creator was that he was going to stop having stretch goals in future kickstarters that featured minis he had yet to sculpt.

Other than that he’s promised an update in about a week. Hopefully those 70 orders will be goood to go by then.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2019 at 7:39 PM, Darsc Zacal said:

The other thing mentioned by the project creator was that he was going to stop having stretch goals in future kickstarters that featured minis he had yet to sculpt.

I'm not a backer for this project but I can say I've pulled out of a couple of Kickstarters that got Stretch Goal happy. They seldom come out good.

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

I'm not a back for this project but I can say I've pulled out of a couple of Kickstarters that go Stretch Goal happy. I seldom comes out good.

I hear you on that.

With this project though it wasn’t the quantity, there were only two stretch goal minis and they were both variants on the first, but it was enough to cause the projects creator problems to get them done in as timely a manner as he had hoped.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is the only hiccup he's had in a few small Kickstarters, and he is a tiny mini producer, as far as volumes go (and employees - or lack thereof). Seems like he learned his lesson and has let everyone know what's going on. I don't foresee him running into habitual problems. 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 5:29 AM, paintybeard said:

Darsc: did you order the S.F. version? I did and apparently that is the one which is holding up deliveries.

Yep.^_^ I knew that.

But guess what, Shipping Notification received!

Finally!

Now the long wait for shipping from the UK.::):

• Like 3

Received my minis today!DF920FCB-DC16-4E62-8111-DE336A05AD3D.thumb.jpeg.ea8ce587ebf307778f4390706641cfb3.jpeg

The Narthoks look excellent.

D9361DD8-55E3-491F-9016-09EE0F2ED872.thumb.jpeg.ffcdc64fd113660f55f1a2d6922917cd.jpeg

All the minis are well sculpted with good casts for both metal and resin.

C9A196D9-FC1C-49CF-B328-A4F4998D1E75.thumb.jpeg.7a67e3212fa0a14d99a3605cedfe9082.jpeg

Overall well worth the wait.

Only slight disappointment is in the small size of the human and Halfling sized minis. Wish they’d be a bit larger.

The creature and monsters are nicely sized though.

Anyone here still waiting?

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 5