Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 21, 2109

What historic figure would you like to meet?

Robert E. Howard. Partly to let him know how influencial his work has been, partly to garner writing advice. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Also... Cruise liners with depth charges....  Did we get into the Fallout universe or something? :p

Actually, I'm pretty sure there was a CAR WARS supplement for that...

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But... What if it's Dilvish, coming back from the beer run? 

Also... Cruise liners with depth charges....  Did we get into the Fallout universe or something? :p

Depth charges on cruise ships have been standard every since the giant squid was proved to exist. The insurance companies demanded effective anti kraken measures, as the pr disaster resulting from several thousand passengers being eaten would kill the entire industry. There is only so many times you can expect the public to buy the whole "drunken captain error" thing before someone starts wondering why if that's such a widespread problem then why aren't breathilizer devices made manditory...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

22 hours ago, Corsair said:

Walt Disney.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

Sounds like fun, but if I see a periscope, I’m launching the depth charges!

But it's just me coming back from the paccy!

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

See!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

See!

All I can picture is the scene from Operation Petticoat where they launch the bras from the submarine!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Corsair said:

Right now?  Appropriately enough for today, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.  Partly for buzzy reasons, partly because I don't really know him as a person and he seems like he'd be patient enough to answer questions and just talk about things.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

If a submariner talks you into riding around on a slow moving surface ship, it never hurts to stay alert for trouble.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure there was a CAR WARS supplement for that...

Sounds about right...

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Depth charges on cruise ships have been standard every since the giant squid was proved to exist. The insurance companies demanded effective anti kraken measures, as the pr disaster resulting from several thousand passengers being eaten would kill the entire industry. There is only so many times you can expect the public to buy the whole "drunken captain error" thing before someone starts wondering why if that's such a widespread problem then why aren't breathilizer devices made manditory...

Ohhh, that kraken just wanted to say hi, and enjoy the cake, but nuoooooo, nobody would let it have a slice of cake....

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

See!

Yaaaay, now I'll be considered an accomplice!  ...Err wait a second...

40 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

If a submariner talks you into riding around on a slow moving surface ship, it never hurts to stay alert for trouble.

Alert for trouble...  If they're up to trouble, you'll find out about two seconds after said trouble says hi rather loudly I suspect...

21 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 22, 2019

What would be your dream job?

Roller coaster review person.  Because, why not.  Get to travel and visit various locations, as well as ride a lot of the epic rollercoasters around the world... And BE PAID TO DO SUCH.

...Alternatively?  ...Yeah, I can't say that alternative one here, so I'll just go with my previous answer.:devil:

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Corsair said:

While I think I have had a pretty good career so far, and I have a good job, I think the most honest answer is “independently wealthy retirement”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Sadly breathalyzer tests are mandatory, and regular blood tests. Since "Amoco Cadiz" and "Exxon Valdez" nearly all tankers have been dry ships.::(: 

40 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Hammock and rum tester.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Pretty much what I'm on track to do now, but with more money. It would be nice to get more than just the tiny scraps of gems to play with. 

• Like 10