Jump to content

Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 21, 2109

 

What historic figure would you like to meet?

Robert E. Howard. Partly to let him know how influencial his work has been, partly to garner writing advice. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

Also... Cruise liners with depth charges....  Did we get into the Fallout universe or something? :p

 

 Actually, I'm pretty sure there was a CAR WARS supplement for that...

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But... What if it's Dilvish, coming back from the beer run? 

 

Also... Cruise liners with depth charges....  Did we get into the Fallout universe or something? :p

Depth charges on cruise ships have been standard every since the giant squid was proved to exist. The insurance companies demanded effective anti kraken measures, as the pr disaster resulting from several thousand passengers being eaten would kill the entire industry. There is only so many times you can expect the public to buy the whole "drunken captain error" thing before someone starts wondering why if that's such a widespread problem then why aren't breathilizer devices made manditory...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 21, 2109

 

What historic figure would you like to meet?

Walt Disney.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

 

Sounds like fun, but if I see a periscope, I’m launching the depth charges!

But it's just me coming back from the paccy!

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But... What if it's Dilvish, coming back from the beer run? 

 

Also... Cruise liners with depth charges....  Did we get into the Fallout universe or something? :p

See!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

But it's just me coming back from the paccy!

See!

All I can picture is the scene from Operation Petticoat where they launch the bras from the submarine!

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 21, 2109

 

What historic figure would you like to meet?

Right now?  Appropriately enough for today, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.  Partly for buzzy reasons, partly because I don't really know him as a person and he seems like he'd be patient enough to answer questions and just talk about things.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But... What if it's Dilvish, coming back from the beer run? 

 

Also... Cruise liners with depth charges....  Did we get into the Fallout universe or something? :p

 

If a submariner talks you into riding around on a slow moving surface ship, it never hurts to stay alert for trouble.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 Actually, I'm pretty sure there was a CAR WARS supplement for that...

 

 

Sounds about right...

 

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Depth charges on cruise ships have been standard every since the giant squid was proved to exist. The insurance companies demanded effective anti kraken measures, as the pr disaster resulting from several thousand passengers being eaten would kill the entire industry. There is only so many times you can expect the public to buy the whole "drunken captain error" thing before someone starts wondering why if that's such a widespread problem then why aren't breathilizer devices made manditory...

 

Ohhh, that kraken just wanted to say hi, and enjoy the cake, but nuoooooo, nobody would let it have a slice of cake....

 

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

But it's just me coming back from the paccy!

See!

Yaaaay, now I'll be considered an accomplice!  ...Err wait a second...

40 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

 

If a submariner talks you into riding around on a slow moving surface ship, it never hurts to stay alert for trouble.

 

Alert for trouble...  If they're up to trouble, you'll find out about two seconds after said trouble says hi rather loudly I suspect...

 

21 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 22, 2019

 

What would be your dream job?

 

Roller coaster review person.  Because, why not.  Get to travel and visit various locations, as well as ride a lot of the epic rollercoasters around the world... And BE PAID TO DO SUCH.

 

...Alternatively?  ...Yeah, I can't say that alternative one here, so I'll just go with my previous answer.:devil:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 22, 2019

 

What would be your dream job?

 

While I think I have had a pretty good career so far, and I have a good job, I think the most honest answer is “independently wealthy retirement”

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Depth charges on cruise ships have been standard every since the giant squid was proved to exist. The insurance companies demanded effective anti kraken measures, as the pr disaster resulting from several thousand passengers being eaten would kill the entire industry. There is only so many times you can expect the public to buy the whole "drunken captain error" thing before someone starts wondering why if that's such a widespread problem then why aren't breathilizer devices made manditory...

 

Sadly breathalyzer tests are mandatory, and regular blood tests. Since "Amoco Cadiz" and "Exxon Valdez" nearly all tankers have been dry ships.::(: 

 

40 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 22, 2019

 

What would be your dream job?

 

Hammock and rum tester.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 22, 2019

 

What would be your dream job?

 

Pretty much what I'm on track to do now, but with more money. It would be nice to get more than just the tiny scraps of gems to play with. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×