Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okay, I will start this up, we will see just how badly I can screw it up!

January 1, 2019 What was your favorite gift you received for Christmas, and Why?

I forgot to answer my own question! One of my nieces made me some peanut butter buckeyes because she once heard me say how much I loved them.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

January 1, 2019 What was your favorite gift you received for Christmas, and Why?

The hand-carved wooden knife my Dad made me.  It was made from a Chinese species of redwood, that had been imported to a botanical garden.  My dad waited till they trimmed it then asked for the leftover wood.  He sends carved items out every few years as gifts, but I always treasure them. 

It worked great on opening the other presents and mail. 

Second Place: was the KD Dragon King  I bought for myself at  Black Friday Sale, then proposed it be wrapped for Christmas. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 13

34 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

The hand-carved wooden knife my Dad made me.  It was made from a Chinese species of redwood, that had been imported to a botanical garden.  My dad waited till they trimmed it then asked for the leftover wood.  He sends carved items out every few years as gifts, but I always treasure them. 

It worked great on opening the other presents and mail. 

Second Place: was the KD Dragon King  I bought for myself at  Black Friday Sale, then proposed it be wrapped for Christmas. 

Man, treasure that! I lost my Dad 3 years ago and the things I have of his are precious!

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Probably my new binoculars, they're so light compared to my old ones. The weight really matters when I'm out and about doing photography stuff. 

The sculpting tools that I got are a close second, going to have to learn how to use them now ::P:

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Probably my new binoculars, they're so light compared to my old ones. The weight really matters when I'm out and about doing photography stuff. 

The sculpting tools that I got are a close second, going to have to learn how to use them now ::P:

Binoculars and photography...  Bird photography I presume?

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

It was kind of an emotional Christmas, I just started dating again to an SCA person and they got me a big sturdy mug that will keep my hands warm and is big enough to eat soup out of. As a second, my father brews and I just started so he sent me the kit to make the best thing that he makes - Chocolate Raspberry Port! That'll start as soon as I take the acerglyn (maple mead) out of my fermenter. 

• Like 13

January 2, 2019   What is your favorite sport and do you have a team that is your favorite?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Corsair said:

January 2, 2019   What is your favorite sport and do you have a team that is your favorite?

Fishing: Team Paintybeard!

255.thumb.JPG.c07775dcea7e65a041f4f817d55bd24d.JPG

On balance I would admit that this comes under the category of Religion, rather than Sport.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

I think this year it’s two things, and they’re both appealing to my nerdy side.

First is the Dungeons & Dragons Art and Arcana book. For those unfamiliar it’s basically part history book and part art book of D&D. It’s big and it’s thick and definitely will be a trip down nostalgia lane for me.

The second is Reapers Bones Kraken. It’s very very rare for me to get any hobby related gifts, so getting one of Reapers larger unique minis was pretty special.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Hockey. NHL hockey primarily, but also Western League major juniors.

I mostly follow the local teams, Vancouver Canucks and Vancouver Giants, but I also have a guilty pleasure following the Calgary Flames. Guilty pleasure because the Flames and Canucks are heated adversaries.

Also was a fan of the San Jose Sharks for several years.

• Like 9

Gift: is it cheating if I say the chance to play a ton of games with my wife and kids? I just checked my BGstats app and I have 81 plays logged since my winter break started after work on Dec. 21st.

If it has to a physical thing, probably the games my wife and kids got for me since it means more family gaming. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

A large fuzzy Niffler.

Because it's what I asked for.

GEM

[getting shut of the r {finally}]

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Darts and whatever team I'm on.

Followed by Curling.

GEM

• Like 11

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

January 1, 2019 (7th Day of Christmas) What was your favorite gift you received for Christmas, and Why?

A6427DDD-50D5-4492-9E48-18A418511AEF.thumb.jpeg.53207333766b9f4197f964165dece1ce.jpeg

...and; because it was quite unexpected.

~~~~~~~~~

NB: Vulcans playing anything will be better than a given human team ( ...High Gravity world; muscles to match.)

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

January 2, 2019   (8th Day of Christmas) What is your favorite sport...

I don’t really have one. I just amiably watch whatever sportsball is in season. 

...and do you have a team that is your favorite?

Go Red Raiders (having a particular college ball team to root for is sometimes just required)

ff_2505553alt1_full.jpg&w=900

(As a matter of fact I do not own ^ one of these. But at least lettergram logo is kinda cool.)

Edited by TGP
found logo ornament
  • Like 10